Humor Random Comments Thread

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The two seasons in Minnesota (and much of the region):

Winter and Road Maintenance.

Yes. An hundred times yes. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for that wonderful two-week stretch where it's warm, but there are no insects or lazy road workers yet. I think it's called 'Spring.'

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
South Carolina has pretty decent seasons, but we don't usually get snow, even in the dead of winter. The coldest winter nights get down to around -7 C (about 20 F), which is too cold for snow:(

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
South Carolina has pretty decent seasons, but we don't usually get snow, even in the dead of winter. The coldest winter nights get down to around -7 C (about 20 F), which is too cold for snow:(

Be glad that you have seasons there...we here in the tropics only get wet and dry seasons ;_;

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'm used to Houston, where you get one season of wet and hot all year. Now in Norman, I've got really hot and really cold. Not sure if that's any better...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. An hundred times yes. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for that wonderful two-week stretch where it's warm, but there are no insects or lazy road workers yet. I think it's called 'Spring.'

Yeah, I actually prefer winter over summer for a variety of reasons. I hate bugs, & I feel more comfortable when the temperature is around freezing than I would if it were 20 C. People think I'm insane when I tell them that.

Mmmm Lunch,

Worth the hour or so it took to get there & back :)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When we go grocery shopping, we usually go to Costco. When I'm there, I read this magazine imported from the UK called "How It Works". I enjoy any article it has about spaceflight, because they usually come with nice illustrations.

However, the article about space stations I read today had a couple inaccuracies. Such as calling an altitude of 300 km "geostationary orbit", and saying that space stations are far above "thousands of commercial satellites" orbiting at "35 km". It did have a neat cutaway of Mir.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nowadays, whenever I read 'Oort cloud,' for some reason, I think of these guys:
ood.jpg

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score

There's a joke here in Ohio:

Ohio has only three seasons: rainy, cloudy, and construction.:lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Pretty much the same here in Southern Indiana. This is the time of year when the snow melts (when we have any), the ground thaws, and orange barrels start blooming throughout the region...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
A watched machine never breaks.
So you stop watching, go away, hear the noise, come back, and have to do the forensics on the mess that remained.

I wonder if it's subject to quantum effects - like, if i leave a camera watching, would it break?
Or would it break if i decide to delete the recording later without watching?

MattBaker

Reaction score
Reasons to hate spring:
First spider of the year!

I already brace myself for all the other bloody disgusting insects (But spiders are no ins...SHUT UP), I think I have to change the rich old guy approach with a winter house in the sunbelt to the arachnophobic approach: A summer house at the polar circle.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Reasons to hate spring:
First spider of the year!

I already brace myself for all the other bloody disgusting insects (But spiders are no ins...SHUT UP), I think I have to change the rich old guy approach with a winter house in the sunbelt to the arachnophobic approach: A summer house at the polar circle.

You should burn your house down to make sure you get all of the spiders. Use the insurance money from a...gas leak to move to Antarctica.

MattBaker

Reaction score
You should burn your house down to make sure you get all of the spiders. Use the insurance money from a...gas leak to move to Antarctica.

Is this ethically justified if other people live in my house, who could die due to this?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

"Hey, could you just leave your appartment for a minute, I'll just set our house on fire and stuff, have fun!"

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't wait to have some crane flies to electrocute... (hmm, is this ethically justified?) With all those long legs they look like flying spiders :uhh:.