Reaction score
*sees flash of light in the southeast*
check your twitter feed pyro
*Digs out of rubble*
What the :censored: was that? *Cough*
*Dust clears*
220px-Julia_Gillard_2010.jpg

:censored:
Twitter can wait, I have to do my duty to humanity.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Would Chuck Norris be able to ride in an airplane, or would they dare decline him permission to board; since he, alone, is a weapon?

Or does Chuck Norris merely desire himself to a new location, and thus have no need for air travel...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's hilarious to walk around campus today. It's snowing, and there should be a blizzard at some point today. All the foreign students (mostly from South Korea or China) are overreacting to the weather, with parkas and enormous hats and mittens. Meanwhile us natives are wearing our coats unzipped, not really bothered. :lol:

(On that note, if it weren't for the maple leaf flying in the park it would be easy to forget what country I'm in; almost everyone I see is Asian, and most of the conversations I hear are in Korean. :blink:)

Last edited:

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
32 (or 0 in most of the world) is T-shirt and shorts weather. :D

You know you need some more pactice when you get a hull breach on ascent...

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks to Orbiter, we now know why the most popular hijacked-airplane destination has been Habana.

Those dudes really wanted to fly in space!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
wasnt the A-10 desgined to keep flying after losing half of the wing?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
One engine, one rudder, part of a wing, etc. Just not at the same time. Heck, I have been around one that had took a near miss from a SAM in the first gulf war. bent the wingspar, trashed both hydraulic systems, and deskineed the inner lieading edge of the right wing. Damn thing flew back to base, was patched up, and flew back to the US before the bent spar was found. It was retired on the spot. :)
The main gear stick out for precisely the reason of that picture.
What's the cause of the gun damage? The nose is unharmed otherwise.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
wasnt the A-10 desgined to keep flying after losing half of the wing?

I can't tell you for certain, but I know sometime in the 80's, a F-15 collided with a A-4 and lost a few feet of it's right wing, spun quite a bit, lost its entire wing, recovered and was safely landed.
images

What's the cause of the gun damage? The nose is unharmed otherwise.
My understanding is that it was damaged upon landing.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
(On that note, if it weren't for the maple leaf flying in the park it would be easy to forget what country I'm in; almost everyone I see is Asian, and most of the conversations I hear are in Korean. :blink:)

So? This is your chance to get good at starcraft! :thumbup:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Astronautix said:
A Moscow urban legend reported that the Apollo 11 astronauts were in fact stranded on the moon due to an engine malfunction. A naked Russian cosmonaut, Pofiri Yebenov, obviously stranded on the moon some time before, assisted them in repairing their lunar module so they could return safely to earth.

Real-world cosmonaut Gregori Grechko went so far as to ask US moonwalker Aldrin if there was any truth to the story. An astounded Aldrin denied the story and confirmed that they had not encountered any human beings or wild life on the lunar surface. Perhaps Aldrin would have gotten the joke had he known that Yebenov means 'f---ked' in Russian....

:rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok, that took a while to realize that Google is celebrating Stanislaw Lem today... but really a nice gimmick of them again.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I can't tell you for certain, but I know sometime in the 80's, a F-15 collided with a A-4 and lost a few feet of it's right wing, spun quite a bit, lost its entire wing, recovered and was safely landed.
images

The on-the-ground photos there are real, and the accident did occur, but the in-the-air photos are shopped ('cause nobody was standing there with a camera when the accident happened, so the History Channel needed to take stock footage and edit the wing out to get the in-the-air shots).

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
The on-the-ground photos there are real, and the accident did occur, but the in-the-air photos are shopped ('cause nobody was standing there with a camera when the accident happened, so the History Channel needed to take stock footage and edit the wing out to get the in-the-air shots).

It was the best photo I could find. :p

At least the best one that could demonstrate what happened.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Has anyone seen 'steal this film'? Its really good...

Mauler85

Traveler out of time
Reaction score
I've seen steal this movie. IDK if its the same. Is it the drama about Abby Hoffman?

Willow buds and Pinching land crabs.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
No, its a documentary about file sharing...its on youtube. It has a good point, what people such as those who run the pirate bay, are doing what the internet was designed to do...which is share information.