Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What if it's programmed to understand reflections?
Then it will see a robot roughly at the place it occupies.
Now what?

If the algorithm is sophisticated enough, it might do some tests if it can identify the image as being pretty much like itself. That on the other hand would mean that if someone would make the same model without that safety measure, it might destroy all the mirrors it hapens uppon, but would win a fight against its safeguarded counterpart everytime because of much shorter reaction-time.

On the other hand, any targeting mechanism worth its salt should not have to rely on visual images alone to judge distance. If there is a simple laser to judge the distance in addition to what the image evaluation calculates, it can compare the distances, and if they're not the same the probability is pretty high that it is looking at a mirror. Shouldn't be too tough to solve, really.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Yes! My catapult is fully constructed! Now it will rain erasers on the feeble competition! :rofl:
I attached a schematic of it. It looks pretty sexy :bananadance: :bananadance:

Attachments

• Monster Tosser scematic!.png
    Monster Tosser scematic!.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 15

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sooo, my interplanetary skills are still not the strongest, and yesterday it showed. Flew a direct ascent to the Moon in the DGIV over my lunch break, following the tutorial from the IMFD full manual. Didn't end well. When I set my altitude in Base Approach, I forgot the k on the end. I didn't realize what I had done until I started hearing the altitude callouts coming. Fast. By that time my lunch was almost over, so I just burned to lower my ApD, then raised PeD a bit and closed Orbiter. I've gone to the Moon and back before, but I do it so seldom due to RL that I forget everything I learn. Oh well. At least the crew is in a stable orbit. Low on fuel, but I can launch a rescue mission if needed.

APDAF

Reaction score
A friend said the easiest way to get the economy going and keeping the peace is pure Communism not the Stalinist crap the Marxist bit about common ownership.

And hello all and hail Probe!
:hailprobe:

Dambuster

Reaction score
A friend said the easiest way to get the economy going and keeping the peace is pure Communism not the Stalinist crap the Marxist bit about common ownership.

And hello all and hail Probe!
:hailprobe:

I have no clue about whether he's right or wrong, but either way: :welcome:!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
You have a bad taco bell? :p
Then again, my orders are simple: Number six

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Microsoft buys Skype... Another good thing wiped by synergy.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Monopoly has the color and the smell of freshly-printed money.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I :censored: hate these :censored: :censored: exams. Seriously, my revision was right on track, I was cruising happy as a :censored: clam through the Pro Caelio, with everything going according to schedule, but NOOOOOO. Suddenly I find out that the Latin to english translation exam is on Monday instead of Thursday, and that the Pro Caelio one is on Thursday. And also that the translations one is worth 30% instead of 20%, and vice versa for Pro Caelio. So now I feel royally :censored:. And to top it off, it's all my own damn fault.

And to top that off, I now have 'Danger Zone' running through my head. FML.

edit: examina delenda sunt. herpus derpus.

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well, I moved 400 miles to a new state, just to take 4 exams in the next week after I moved, I missed a DC trip with all my friends that I've known since errr well Kindergarten (they're there right now :dry:) and I'm bored out of my mind except for orbiter. Not to mention a friend of mine died in Afghanistan back in September....

On a brighter note, it's my dad's birthday! :happybday: :lol:

iamwearingpants

Reaction score
These dang kids, a couple of 5th graders were throwing wood chips at us (We were having a battle). They were yelling YOU F:censored: SOB, with my 9-year-old brother with me. Then my brother said "Stop saying those bad words", so they were saying all kinds of common words, then racist stuff, then even sexual, and we left. I was absolutely disgusted. Well my brother is going to show the :facts: to the principal, because this was on school property after an event.

How the beep do they get a hold of this? They're 5th graders! :blink:

And Eli, that sucks :(
But, :happybday: to your dad and Harry! :cheers:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
These dang kids, a couple of 5th graders were throwing wood chips at us (We were having a battle). They were yelling YOU F:censored: SOB, with my 9-year-old brother with me. Then my brother said "Stop saying those bad words", so they were saying all kinds of common words, then racist stuff, then even sexual, and we left. I was absolutely disgusted. Well my brother is going to show the :facts: to the principal, because this was on school property after an event.

How the beep do they get a hold of this? They're 5th graders! :blink:

Don't worry, they're just in the "swears per sentence and how mature I appear are directly related" phase.
We've all been there.

iamwearingpants

Reaction score
Don't worry, they're just in the "swears per sentence and how mature I appear are directly related" phase.
We've all been there.

Well, I haven't :p

But, it really bothered me to have my little brother exposed to all that.
He shouldn't be educated about anatomy and other stuff from between the legs at this age.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well when I said unfortunately, I mean I've been exposed to it. I'm rather opposed to swearing myself. Well, completely against it, but that doesn't stop me from talking to people, they just use it too casually.