Humor Random Comments Thread

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes not reading the changelog can lead to surprising discoveries.

Caught out in the rain, trying to get home to my creeper-wrecked castle:
20110512234656.png

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Interesting extrapolation:
aaa: It works if the amount of bugs in the code is even. When it's odd things break.
bbb: Next time I have a problem, I just delete a random "volatile." (Thus making the number of bugs even.) That should fix it.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Level 8 in the dungeons of doom, I'm in a good mood, hapelessly kick in a locked door and get instant fried by a black dragon... got to love Nethack. :lol:

Wonderer

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone now a quick, makeshift way to cool a laptop? My sister is in Spain and she is having problems with her laptop overheating.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Make a gap between the laptop and the lap/table/etc.
Putting it on a stone floor also helps.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Make a gap between the laptop and the lap/table/etc.
Putting it on a stone floor also helps.

Agreed. I used to have a Dell Inspiron that was notorious for overheating. Setting some CD cases, 1-deep, under each corner, to allow more airflow from the bottom helped. Just make sure you don't cover the ventilation slots.

diogom

Reaction score
Just learned that an old classmate of the 5th and 6th grade died.:( He wasn't a big friend of mine, and he moved to France, haven't talked to him since, though it's still pretty bad to hear, of course. And it's this kind of stuff that makes you wonder ":WTF: is wrong with the world?": He was a really nice guy, and died hit by a car while trying to save a kid. Isn't there people who deserve it more?

On a happier topic, I finnaly ended "Through the Fire and Flames" in Guitar Hero 3, medium, without being booed of the stage. :lol:

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
thats weird cuz a girl i didnt know (i just moved here) (BTW im in 8th grade) got killed by a car on a dark country road. She didnt save anyone, she just kinda got run over..... but moving to france? I thought moving to tennessee was bad enough.... apparently i was right when i said the french werent good drivers.... just kidding :lol: I love me a good peugeot.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
random comment
hahahahaha

diogom

Reaction score
So many accidents could be avoided if people had more responsibility, like not drunk-driving. Still don't know the details of his accident, but probably that kid didn't pay much attention to where he was going. Another big cause.
Fortunately (unless the change would be to better), I never experienced big changes like moving. I will have one in September, though. Going to highschool, and instead of going to a kinda crappy one were somehow everyone got the "going there next year" fever, I'll be going to a better one, closer to home. The bad part his, because of the fever, probably I'll only know one, two, max three persons there. If not 0. Darn, it's going to be boring. Kinda what you already mentioned, after going to Tennessee.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Unlike most children my age i support drinking of alcoholic beverages...:cheers:
I also argue with my dog over my favorite seat in the house...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm going to do when I go to college :/ I've successfully avoided leaving friends so far.
I'm planning on going to either MIT (very far away, very different climate afaik) or Rice (i wouldn't be moving at all).

diogom

Reaction score
Well, I guess that's a choice to be made after which of these suits your ideas for the future better.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I guess that's a choice to be made after which of these suits your ideas for the future better.
Ha. It's more of their choice than mine. I don't even know where I'll be accepted. (I'm a junior in highschool right now, one year to go)
They are two of the most exclusive universities. (though VERY different in admission process o_O)

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
GUCP is a funny word. Like OMS. The Shuttle program is almost over, and I just today learn how to pronounce "GUCP." :facepalm: