Humor Random Comments Thread

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've got myself a job! :woohoo:

Congratulations! In what sector are you working?

I found myself a job a few months ago. I now work for a start-up in web development and I'm currently writing code for this beauty. Hopefully creating the next popular IoT product.
ee0e66c4-ff50-42e2-85b5-cdf9f64d6208.jpg

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I found myself a job a few months ago. I now work for a start-up in web development and I'm currently writing code for this beauty. Hopefully creating the next popular IoT product.

What is it called?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Three things I am looking forward to the most later this year:
- Hatsune Miku 8th anniversary (August 31)
- "The Future" (October 21)
- whatever the "Mars Colonial Transporter" plans are

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

What a coincidence, I'll be finding myself developing for this:

raspberry-pi-2-model-b-onboard-arm-cortex-a7-special-motherboard.png

:lol:

The company that hired me mostly does watch cams. That is, not security cams, but professional cameras rigged up to serve as constant watch cams, because the people ordering them need long-term stationary cameras but also the best resolution they can get. Construction companies use them to document construction sites, it's quite the thing for meteorologists I hear, and a while ago they sold a few to some geologists from the cantonal research institute, who were so thrilled by the results that they decided to make a development project to make the whole system fully web-capable.

They will do all the image editing software needed for that (you run into legal trouble if you have a high-resolution webcapable camera that makes dozens of pictures of the same site per day. You need to get people and cars out of the pictures), while one of my jobs will be to make the whole camera-to-web interface on Raspberry Pi. So there'll be IoT involved too. There'll be a lot of things involved I never heard about before, actually... :lol:

The general idea is that with the final product, you can plug a Raspberry Pi into any photo camera whatsoever and get an instant webcam.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Blatter retires!

I hope he knows it as well.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Or Fallout Online.
Monthly subscription required. DLC sold separately. Persistent internet connection required. Wii-U exclusive. Modding banned. Results may vary. Restrictions apply. Hail Satan.

These are some of the reasons I stopped gaming over the last ten years.

Another one is that I'm...well...I'm getting older...there, I said it!

But seriously, I miss the 90s sims games, especially MechWarrior 2 and flight sims like Aces of the Pacific and Falcon 3.0.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
But seriously, I miss the 90s sims games, especially MechWarrior 2 and flight sims like Aces of the Pacific and Falcon 3.0.

+1 on Aces and Falcon 3.0. I was also pretty particular to JetFighter -- while its cutting edge graphics and Soundblaster sound portrayed a more or less completely FLAT California, it at least had the decency to congratulate a successful bailout and extol the stimulating virtues of simulating. :)

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's a really interesting project your working on jedidia. That Raspberry Pi is a very promising platform. We're pretty much in the same boat. I only worked on a few simple projects with Arduino before being hired.

What is it called?

This is the Texas Instruments CC3200 Launchpad. This MCU, clocked at 80 Mhz, has an integrated WiFi processor. This launchpad is simply a development platform. The real thing is the little chip in the middle.

If you were asking for the product we are building, I am not authorized to reveal anything about it, sorry.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
That 175/hr wet rate on the ratty C172 doesn't seem so bad now...

a10chart.jpg

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I think they kicked that particular Idea after "the old republic".

That was Bioware. I'd like to think Bethesda learned their lesson after The Elder Scrolls Online's inevitable failure though.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That was Bioware. I'd like to think Bethesda learned their lesson after The Elder Scrolls Online's inevitable failure though.

:facepalm:

The outcomes of the old republic and elder scrolls online are so similar that I mixed them up. :embarrassed:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
:facepalm:

The outcomes of the old republic and elder scrolls online are so similar that I mixed them up. :embarrassed:

Pretty much the standard result when you try to turn a great single player RPG into an MMO.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know if there's an appropriate thread for this, but...

The LHC is now producing stable beams of 13TeV!!!