Humor Random Comments Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Yeah, my friend worked for them until his store closed last year.

K-Mart is actually owned by Sears.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
K-Mart is to the Ghetto, like Wal-Mart is to the South.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In SoCal, perhaps. Up here in NorCal, MallWart and K-Mart both target the same areas.
Guess who's winning. :dry:

Aldi.

Walmart tried to establish US style supermarkets in Germany once. Failed epically, especially because the competition is here much fiercer than in the USA.

Wikipedia said:
In the mid-1990s Walmart tried with a large financial investment to get a foothold in the German retail market. In 1997 Walmart took over the supermarket chain Wertkauf with its 21 stores for DEM750 million (€375 million)[93] and in 1998 Walmart took over 74 Interspar stores for DEM1.3 billion (€750 million).[94][95]
The German market at this point was an oligopoly with high competition among the companies which also used a similar low price strategy as Walmart. Because of this, Walmart's low price strategy yielded no competitive advantage. Also Walmart's corporate culture was not viewed positively among employees and customers in Germany, particularly Walmart's "statement of ethics", which restricted relationships between employees and led to a public discussion in the media, resulting in a bad reputation for Walmart among customers.[96][97]

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
particularly Walmart's "statement of ethics", which restricted relationships between employees

Ugh, yes, you need a bloody good reason to justify something like that in europe... :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ugh, yes, you need a bloody good reason to justify something like that in europe... :lol:

Yes, we react a bit touchy about banning our most popular place to meet the love of our life. :lol:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Yes, we react a bit touchy about banning our most popular place to meet the love of our life. :lol:

"So uh, what do you do for a living?"

"The :censored: do you think I do? I WORK IN THE CUBICLE NEXT TO YOU."

I imagine that last part would be shouted because, well, Germany.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I think I have a new favorite correlation =|= causation example:

BlrCHn8CIAE7Apl.jpg:large

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the funniest of those I've seen was the correlation between shrinking stork population and decrease of birth rate in Germany... :lol:

Could never apply that to my line of work.

No, in your line of work you usually get it on with the customers :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
oZnCSyN.jpg

I'm not saying the Yak-1 is OP...but it's OP.

And I haven't even touched the Yak-9K 'Fridge Launcher' yet.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Damnit, weather, got sunny and all during the whole week, and then Sunday and Monday, here that i need to get out (yes, Easter tradition!), it's raining and a completely covered sky.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky. I'm mulling over calling up whoever's in charge of the climate control on this planet and telling them that the A/C isn't working.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
If you do find that guy, please let me know. I have to have a talk with his manager (or something like that) if it ISN'T broken. Because when it's finally looking spring-like in my region, a 40 deg. cold front moves in. That seems pretty intentional.

I got a spare one here if it is wanted, too. Gladly donate it if it puts a end to all this (polar vortex) nonsense.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think I have a new favorite correlation =|= causation example:

Are you sure there isn't any causation?

Without a large bar of swiss chocolate in the drawer at my workplace, I am only half as productive, especially because of its function as "Frustschutzmittel" (Frustration protection agent). ;)