Humor Random Comments Thread

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think we'll have to worry about having four billion posts in a thread any time soon. :lol:

Ok..now I have visions of Vinny500 making a new post for every kilometer further from Sol that he gets.

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
uReb4PJ.png
Just in: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23075332

Any day now :lol:

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
1. new teacher in TLE (Technology and Livelihood Education), gives out quiz but doesn't teach us lessons.

2. Some idiot decided to be a show-off and crashed (i think 15 kmph) onto a telephone pole while i was riding my bike to school. :dry:

3. old "couple" which, their relationship only lasted less than a week plans to be "reunited. (Teenage relationships usually don't work until either are mature enough...i'm just gonna sit around and enjoy the show)

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1. new teacher in TLE (Technology and Livelihood Education), gives out quiz but doesn't teach us lessons.

2. Some idiot decided to be a show-off and crashed (i think 15 kmph) onto a telephone pole while i was riding my bike to school. :dry:

3. old "couple" which, their relationship only lasted less than a week plans to be "reunited. (Teenage relationships usually don't work until either are mature enough...i'm just gonna sit around and enjoy the show)

I think you should transfer to another school. O.O

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
...So the "lunar flyby" Soyuz 7K-L1 is just a Soyuz without the Orbital Docking Module? :blink:

Yes, and some smaller modifications to the PAO and a large modification to the SA, namely a much larger life support system that consumed one seat.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Luckily Apollo 11 was faster, 20% isn't really a reliability I would wish on any cosmonaut, especially not Alexey Leonov...

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
...So the "lunar flyby" Soyuz 7K-L1 is just a Soyuz without the Orbital Docking Module? :blink:

Well, why there would need a docking module for a lunar fly-by without docking plans for a fly-by? Without it, the L1 was lighter then a normal Soyuz, and so it did its fly-by's, not manned by humans, but mostly by animals (and sometimes with no lifeforms)

But always a interesting question: What was a better plan, the N1 to use for the plan to land the Soviets on the moon, or a LOR / EOR plan by using 2 (Maybe 3) Proton-K (Blok-D) rockets?

MattBaker

Reaction score
But always a interesting question: What was a better plan, the N1 to use for the plan to land the Soviets on the moon, or a LOR / EOR plan by using 2 (Maybe 3) Proton-K (Blok-D) rockets?

In retrospect probably none because both launchers didn't work reliable enough to launch three fail-proof missions in a short period of time.
Although it would have been interesting what would have happened if the Soviets had like five or ten more years. They might have accomplished it somehow.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Today is living up to the predicted high temperature of 111F so far. Thermometers around 106-107 and rising. 40% humidity, which could be worse but isn't the best.
Someone deserves an award for inventing home air conditioning.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Today is living up to the predicted high temperature of 111F so far. Thermometers around 106-107 and rising. 40% humidity, which could be worse but isn't the best.
Someone deserves an award for inventing home air conditioning.

From one source that Ive read, air conditioning may have been the factor that reversed the population decline of the American south in the 1950s. I certainly wouldn't want to live in heat like that.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I hear Las Vegas may be expecting 130F. Not positive, but... it IS the desert.

(And the car A/C is STILL going out)

Based on NOAA's calculator, the heat index where I'm at is/was about 140F. Fry an egg? You could just about cook a steak. :lol:
By the same calculator, Las Vegas gets a heat index of 106F thanks to its low humidity.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Huh. My possibly most complicated C++ project so far (USS Phoenix) is still less than 1,000 lines. It feels like more. There are more than 60,000 lines in the XR fleet, apparently... I have catching up to do. :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
A horse slaughterhouse is being allowed to operate in New Mexico.
I'm thinking attempts at the same in Oklahoma a few months ago were shot down pretty quick by the locals.

Huh. My possibly most complicated C++ project so far (USS Phoenix) is still less than 1,000 lines. It feels like more. There are more than 60,000 lines in the XR fleet, apparently... I have catching up to do. :lol:

Oh how I know that feel...