Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu

How you can prove as nationalist political party, that you have no idea what goes in in your immediate neighborhood:

You misunderstand: the goal is not to be accurate or in touch with reality, but to create the perception of a threat. :(

steph

Reaction score
They just use half-thruths or ignore the facts completely. You see this in eastern Europe all the time, only now they've ramped up the rhetoric. I'd go as far as saying it's basically an old soviet technique. The classic politicians in the west, regardless of how good or bad they were, were still vulnerable to facts. These guys simply don't care. Their target audience believes pretty much every crap they say, and they don't need the others.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The classic politicians in the west, regardless of how good or bad they were, were still vulnerable to facts.

The past tense seems very appropriate... :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Random things I wouldn't know without Sabaton:

There is a transatlantic cable running over the wreck of the Bismarck.

steph

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how they managed to put that in the lyrics :lol: My local metal bar used to play Sabaton often, but it was always the same 2-3 songs, Winged Hussars, Primo Victoria and another one. There's more to them than that. I only truly discovered Sabaton this winter, after my wild years. There's loads of stuff to that band's history and complexity. Not sure if I'll see them live, I think they've had their last tour in 2016 or something like that.

Edit : hell no, they still have concerts. Even coming to HellFest. Should check if there still are tickets to that. It's literally 80km from where I live, ad I don't necessarily need to get wasted, so I could just drive there&back

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, the local radio station already started playing Avantasia. Can only be months until they play Sabaton. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Darn it, my 7 year old just thought of the concept of a VonNeumann machine out of sheer lazyness! :lol:

---------- Post added 05-20-19 at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-19 at 02:40 PM ----------

We have this culture in the office where every now and then somebody (usually the boss) would bring a box of chocolates or somesuch and put it on the coffee table. Everybody then snatches up a treat every now and then in passing, and after a few days they'd be gone. That is, they'd all be gone but one.

There is this weird thing in swiss culture in general where people consider it to be bad manners to be the one to take the last of something. That is, they consider it bad manner if they do it, but I have never actually heard anybody critisizing somebody else for it, appart from parents, who do it to their kids when they already had most of something and then greedily want to snatch the last of it, too. I assume that's where the whole thing comes from subconciously.

In any case, having lived in another culture for considerable time, I'm suffering of this perogative a lot less than my coworkers. So usually I'm the one that eventually just takes the last chocolate in the box and eats it, after giving the rest a fair chance to overcome their hangup.

RIght after easter, somebody brought a bag of small chocolate rabbits. They were gone pretty quickly, except that last one. Since I'm the one basically *always* taking the last chocolate, I decided to leave this one be. I was kind of curious how long it would take until somebody got over themselves and ate the delicious thing.

It took until today until finally somebody took it... and put it on my desk! :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It took until today until finally somebody took it... and put it on my desk! :lol:

I know that kind of result. :lol:

I currently suffer from the opposite: I keep on telling everybody that I am advised against eating chocolate. Strangely the last chocolate always lands on my desk, even when I silently transferred it to a coworkers desk.

You have no idea, how the smell of a hot cacao is like, when you have not eaten ANY chocolate for months. :facepalm:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu

There is this weird thing in swiss culture in general where people consider it to be bad manners to be the one to take the last of something. ...

Must not be limited to Switzerland only. We call it the "[coso] della vergogna", or "[thing] of shame", :lol

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Usually, taking the last thing implies that you are now responsible for getting a new load.
Like:
  • Taking the last coffee from the thermos-flask makes you responsible to brew new coffee and fill it up.
  • Taking the last sheet of toilet paper makes you responsible to by a new batch...
  • etc. pp.
This might inherently subconsciously break the initial momentum of taking a last thing :hmm:

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Or being responsible, for throwing away the empty box.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Usually, taking the last thing implies that you are now responsible for getting a new load.

Interesting. I know the concept of course, but had never applied it to this exact situation...

Or being responsible, for throwing away the empty box.

I think we can exclude that. The trashcan is right next to the table. :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting. I know the concept of course, but had never applied it to this exact situation...

You know what happens in Cologne, when you empty your glass of Kölsch completely? :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So the wife just let out the cat like 15 minutes ago. Now it's back in here, and we don't have a cat flap. It's not that mysterious a situation, the neighbours let him in frequently. But the first reaction from my wife was "how on earth did *you* get back in already?". And my fisrt reaction to that was... "OMG, it's the cat that walks through walls!"
My wife didn't get it...

In other news, ever since that mess with the epic exclusives started, and got worse, I was thinking "Somebody ought to write a general frontend that runs all these client APIs under the hood, problem solved. But who would spend the resources on that?".

But look who had the same idea! I love these guys!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
You have a cat, but no cat flap? Also the neighbours let him in frequently?

Cats have strange powers, are you sure you aren't watching the EU results?

N>

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You have a cat, but no cat flap?

It wouldn't help much, what with being on the third floor and all that... I'm *almost* certain he can't fly.

Cats have strange powers, are you sure you aren't watching the EU results?

More like Brexit :lol:
LY8ppLA.gif