Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Since my brother still has some small dispute with the town about moving the light pole in the approach to his new house
So, why won't he give some friendly truck driver a bottle of nice schnaps to carefully "lose control" at the right place?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So, why won't he give some friendly truck driver a bottle of nice schnaps to carefully "lose control" at the right place?

They would likely repair the light pole in the wrong place instead of checking the blueprints again....

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Well, lets put it like that: Its hard to be German. :dry:

Sascha der ist Deutscher, und deutsch sein das ist schwer... :lol:

Ja, but it's easy to become one. My wife has just had an appointment regarding attaining her citizenship. The lady there praised her, because my wife had all her papers perfectly prepared, which was unusual for the lady. As if she wanted to say: "Germany needs more of your kind, 'cuz what we have now..."

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ja, but it's easy to become one. My wife has just had an appointment regarding attaining her citizenship. The lady there praised her, because my wife had all her papers perfectly prepared, which was unusual for the lady. As if she wanted to say: "Germany needs more of your kind, 'cuz what we have now..."

Usually, its very hard to get the appraisal of correct papers. I remember my unemployment forms getting checked back then like I was kidding them, somewhere must be something missing or wrong....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
News reports a few days ago said that at least one fire was intentional. Given 100+ days with no rain there was a burn ban in place with a hefty fine ($2500 in places) this one guy they've arrested is in deep trouble.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Usually, its very hard to get the appraisal of correct papers. I remember my unemployment forms getting checked back then like I was kidding them, somewhere must be something missing or wrong....
"You muss be Urwumpe from ze O-F. You'ze unemployed? You'ze gotta be :censored:ting me!"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"You muss be Urwumpe from ze O-F. You'ze unemployed? You'ze gotta be :censored:ting me!"

:lol: Not like that, but the fact that an experienced software developer registered for unemployment was some sort of an anomaly in the system.

I know it was unusual and I was not in a dire need... but it had strategic reasons. :lol: This way I was happily able to look for a job in the whole of Europe without having to worry that my little rest of savings gets burned in a month.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
... but it had strategic reasons. :lol: This way I was happily able to look for a job in the whole of Europe without having to worry that my little rest of savings gets burned in a month.
I hear ya.
But why the whole Europe? Isn't Germany the best place for software devs to be?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I hear ya.
But why the whole Europe? Isn't Germany the best place for software devs to be?

Not necessarily. Its great. But there is also Ireland, for example.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I was thinking about the Islands before, rather than Germany, due to poor german skills. But that was before Poles started having bad reputation on the Islands. And I met my wife who was anchored in Germany already.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Festive theme...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38133658

It's a few weeks before Christmas, and two slightly grumpy alpacas are on guard duty at a farm in south-east England.
The animals are part of a herd of 10 that have a very important job - protecting 24,000 free-range turkeys from being attacked by foxes.
The introduction of the alpacas - called Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Onion, Prancer, Sage and Vixen - was the brainchild of Tom Copas, the owner of family business Copas Turkeys.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Windows 10 killed my notebook last night.

Now it fails to boot, automatic and manual recovery options fail. The system SSD is now drive F: instead of C:, but seems to be intact according to chkdsk.

Did anybody here get the same issues?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I had some issues with win10 updates, but nothing this severe. Win7 tended to be worse in this regard.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu

Now it fails to boot, automatic and manual recovery options fail. The system SSD is now drive F: instead of C:, but seems to be intact according to chkdsk.

Never heard of anything like this happening. I'd try to use the notebook with some sort of live-USB system to see if there's an obvious hardware fault, and then proceed to clean-install 10.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Haven't had this with Win10, but saw it several times over the years as a desktop tech with XP and 7. Sounds to me like it's possibly a corrupted Master Boot Record. In the XP days I'd boot with the installation CD, launch the system recovery tools and do a FIXBOOT or FIXMBR from the command line. Not sure what the equivalent would be for Win10.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Haven't had this with Win10, but saw it several times over the years as a desktop tech with XP and 7. Sounds to me like it's possibly a corrupted Master Boot Record. In the XP days I'd boot with the installation CD, launch the system recovery tools and do a FIXBOOT or FIXMBR from the command line. Not sure what the equivalent would be for Win10.

By what i can tell, it should be about the same in Windows 10 command line. Found some procedures to try, I hope it works out.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire