Question Quick question about general station building

Reaction score
I was looking around and found something that might be able to accomplish an acceptable version of what I am trying to do.

Has anyone looked at [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3819"]this[/ame] addon? Has anyone used it, and does it work as described? What, if any, bugs are known? And the biggest question would be: is it compatible with the current orbiter version?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
(shameless self-promotion) Precession MFD does that (it calculates the optimum thruster allocation by itself, keeping torque zero for linear thrusting and force zero for rotational thrusting)...

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
I've been working on a similar issue for my Base Improvement/Orbiter Colonization project.

So far I have found it best to start with individual modules and then assemble them into a complete station. This requires a good deal of planning before hand but pays off in ease of modeling/coding.

As for the issue of having the complete station function as a single unit, I've been breaking mine into sections and loading a custom mesh for each "phase" of construction.

Phase 1: Modules "A" "B" and "C" spawn seperately. Once they are docked in the proper configuration A, B, and C are deleted and "Station Phase 1" is spawned in thier place.

Phase 2: Modules "D" "E" and "F" spawn along with "Station Phase 1". Once they are docked in the proper configuration they too are deleted and "Station Phase 2" is spawned.

Rinse and repeat till the station is complete.

Right now I have to do this through the Scenario editor but I'm working on a script to make it automatic. The limitation is that this does not allow much flexability as it only works as long as the modules are docked in a particular configuration/order.

Thanks, working on more textures right now, will be able to work on the orbiter environment in a few months. I hope.