Purchase Orbiter with selected add-ons

Rumpledumpskin

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay someone to create a CD-Rom for me with Orbiter and all the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo mission ad-ons already properly installed. I can install and use Orbiter with its basic download, but as soon as I attempt to use scenario ad-ons, I run into problems with Orbiter shutting down when it's loading the ad-on scenario I installed. I've tried a lot of suggestions from the forums, but nothing seems to work. hmmmm

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Scenario add-ons are just .scn files with a pre-set date and ships and such. This require the actual add-on to be downloaded and installed before they can work.
Usually in the description of the scenario, it tells you what add-ons are needed for it to work.
If you can't get it to work, ask for more specific help...

Just don't pay anything for orbiter ;)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay someone to create a CD-Rom for me with Orbiter and all the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo mission ad-ons already properly installed. I can install and use Orbiter with its basic download, but as soon as I attempt to use scenario ad-ons, I run into problems with Orbiter shutting down when it's loading the ad-on scenario I installed. I've tried a lot of suggestions from the forums, but nothing seems to work. hmmmm

Seriously, how difficult can it be to extract files from an archive and pasting them in your orbiter folder?

To the point, would you accept an internet distribution through your preffered P2P network instead of mailing you a CD, and how much are you willing to pay? :p

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to be legal... :p
Help this man for free.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
First and foremost: No person (except the Doc) can charge a fee for Orbiter, unless it only covers the cost of distributation. It says so in the copyright notice (part of the disclaimer page) of the official site:

ORBITER is free software in the sense that you are free to download, copy and redistribute it for personal and non-commerical purposes, provided that the copyright notice is retained in the copy. You are not allowed to charge a fee for the software without the consent of the author other than that to cover the cost of the distribution.

Secondly: It is not that hard to install an addon! But, before you ask us how you do so, give us a list of exactly what steps you take. It's easier this way for us to see exactly what you are doing.

Thirdly: You say it crashes at the start. In the main Orbiter folder, you should see a file called orbiter.log. Post the contents of the file (it can be opened with notepad, if you didn't know) here. This also helps us help you.