Problem Problem with crew transfer to ISS

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi @all!

Although I tried hard to find a solution via this forum and via Google, I still can't transfer crew members from XR2 Ravenstar or XR5 Vanguard to the ISS.

I installed DanSteph's DeltaGliderIV & UMmu 3.0 and UCGO & UMmu 3.0, and I tried to remove any blanks and hyphens from the vessel's names.

But still: when I'm successfully docked to the ISS with the XR2 or XR5 vessels (or using the standard scenario "Docked at ISS", which comes with the XR5 installation), opened the inner and outer airlock door and then try to EVA one of the crew members, I always get the voice message "Warning! Crew member transfer failed.", and the System Status Display says "Docked ship does not support UMmu!"

Is there still something I forgot? Any settings or changes in cfg files?

Thanks for anky help or hint!
Catweazle

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The default ISS of Orbiter does simply not support Ummu, which is a third-party add-on.

But there is a version of the ISS that supports Ummu available.

Catweazle

Reaction score
The default ISS of Orbiter does simply not support Ummu, which is a third-party add-on.

But there is a version of the ISS that supports Ummu available.

I understood this already from numerous discussions I came across via Google. I read that this UMmu supporting ISS version was included in DanSteph's UCGO & UMmu (from version 2.5 on). I have version 3.0, but somehow it still doesn' work. Do I have to configure something manually after the automatic installation of UCGO & UMmu 3.0?

Catweazle

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I use this with the default ISS -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3509"]UMMUFA v.2.0[/ame]

Catweazle

Reaction score
@garyw:

Thanks a lot for this hint. With the add-on you suggested the crew transfer works. :thumbup:
I'm now just figuring out how to get the people back from ISS to the ship ;)

Anyway, it's strange that if I googled for "ISS crew transfer" or "UMmu compatible ISS" I came across several 'solutions' either saying that UMmu doesn't like blanks or some other characters in the ship's names, or just refering to the download of the latest version of UCGO & UMmu.
That sounds as if nothing more is necessary than to automatically replace the stock ISS of Orbiter 2010 by a UMmu compatible ISS version simply by installing UCGO & UMmu. All the more I was surprised that nothing had changed concerning the UMmu capability of the ISS even after following all of these instructions.

Catweazle

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If you look around you can find an ISS mod (at Dan's site/Pappy's Hangar) of an ISS that is UMMU and UCGO compatible.

Like Gary mentioned though, I use UMMUFA on my own station. There is also a UMMUFB (for bases) around.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
If you have UMMU/UCGO installed, start your scenario, open scenario editor, select 'New', scroll to the bottom of the list, click open the UCGO folder, and then the 'Stations' folder and you should find the compatable ISS there.

Catweazle

Reaction score
@Aeadar:
That's the info I was hoping for!

The UMMUFA module garyw suggested already allowed the crew transfer to the ISS, but I couldn't figure out so far, how to get the crew members back to the ship. Each time I tried so, the respective member found him(her)self somehow wedged in the outer ISS wall. I could move him around, but even a few centimeters away from the active airlock, I got the message "too far from airlock" when trying to re-enter the ISS. No way back to the ship or into the ISS.

With the modification via the scenario editor everything works fine.

In other discussions about the UMmu compatible ISS integrated in DanSteph's UCGO & UMmu add-on, it seemed to me that the stock ISS of orbiter was automatically replaced by installation of UCGO & UMmu. That's why I was perplexed it didn't work so far...

Thank you for this valuable hint.:thumbup:

Catweazle

Last edited:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
@Catweazle

Glad to help!:)

And you described precisely the problem I had when using UMMUFA, which was that it seemed to have problems when using vessels that have native UMMU compatability (XR series, DGIV, Longshot), along with vessels that don't (Stock DG and ISS, Deltaglider EX).
In my case, I could transfer crew from the DGEX into Longshot, but when trying to transfer back to the DGEX I would find my crewmember floating outside the airlock, inside of the EX mesh.