Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Turns out my cameraphone has some more useless settings than I thought.

A little point about my phones: I have a Nokia N95, with a camera I absolutely adore, it's got a 5MP camera on there with Carl Zeiss optics and all sorts of junk. However, the screen's knackered on it, and that makes taking pictures with it difficult.

The phone I actually use is therefore the second-place one, some kind of Sony Erricson watdjamacallit. I've long since lost interest in having awesome gadgetty phones, so I'm not really fussed about what it is and what it does, but it does possess a 3MP camera, which has as I discovered yesterday a panoramic shoot mode.

It works like much other panoramic "cheats" I've seen - sets for three pictures, and overlays the rightmost edge of the first at the left of the screen to help line up the next shot with some greater ease. In broad daylight, in practical use, it's actually somewhat awkward to get the shots right, but it produced some interesting images when I was trying it out nevertheless.

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00160.JPG

DSC00161.JPG

DSC00164.JPG

DSC00165.JPG

Paddle steamer decided to pull out just as I was taking photographs. How rude.
DSC00166.JPG

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
Nice shots! If by some slim chance that your camera has an exposure lock, you can enable it which will render panoramas to have the same brightness level at the borders, making the stitching less noticeable.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
impressive, especially the two last ones, but that might be my bias of favouriting images of riverbanks :shifty:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
'Tis actually a lake, that one. It was artificially created in around 1891 because the sea didn't come far enough in and the Victorians wanted something like the sea to frolic in;

http://www.orbiterradio.com/outlinkedpics/DSC00149.JPG

Some kid had decided to smear white stuff all over that sign. :/