Problem Playback time warp problem

Nistenf

Reaction score
I downloaded the IMFD full manual from OH, and decided to play the Earth to Mars playback. Everything is working good until the point that the playback time warps till the launch date. Orbiter freezes for a few seconds and when it resumes working it jumped in time way ahead of what I should have, and my vessel is in deeeep space with everyone on board dead.
I tried in a clean installation (with the required add-ons of course) and it doesn't work
Any clues? Maybe its related to my fps

Tommy

Reaction score
I seem to recall having similar problems which I solved by removing the "extra" vessels from the .scn file. The only one you need is the vessel that makes the trip. I'm not at home so I can't check, but if you read the .scn file (in Notepad) look for the line that indicates which vessel has focus at start-up, and delete the sections for the other vessels.

If that doesn't work I would try changing the time acceleration. Inside the Orbiter/Flights folder will be a folder with the same name as the scenario. Inside that you will find a folder containing .atc files - one file for each vessel. Open the .atc file for the focus vessel (GL-01, or somesuch) in Notepad. Look for the NOTE lines, and use the text to find the part where the scenario fast forwards. You will see some lines with "TIMEACC =". Find the one that has the highest number (10000 probably) and delete it. This may leave two "TIMEACC = 1000" lines next to each other - but that's OK. It will take longer to watch the replay, but it should solve the problem.

If you continue having problems, PM me and I can try to send you a "fixed" .atc file and .scn

cessnapilot

Reaction score
I did some moon hopping around Jupiter recently using the Outer Planets Moons add-on and IMFD. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the ISS orbiting Jupiter around 50G. :lol: There are some bugs in IMFD. A lot of weird things like that happen with IMFD when you have other vessels in the scenario.