Orulex 1.0: 3 problems with world_studio.exe

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Hi, I just discovered version 1.0 of Orulex, and it would be really cool if world_studio.exe worked correctly. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Here are the three (possibly related) problems I'm having:

1. The Map is just white, but it does have the crosses for the sun, the camera, and most of the bases, and I can zoom in and out, and make selections. There just isn't any background.

2. And it only displays most of the bases. Cape Canaveral is not displayed, for example.

3. The surface tile export feature doesn't work, even though I do have DxTex.exe in the Utils directory.

And yes, it is a clean copy of orbiter.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
1. The Map is just white, but it does have the crosses for the sun, the camera, and most of the bases, and I can zoom in and out, and make selections. There just isn't any background.

The thing is a known bug, which does not help in solving it.
I guess you have a laptop's Intel or Ati Radeon GPU?

Please try this recent version for a solution attempt on map bug:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/ws-080513-1.zip

2. And it only displays most of the bases. Cape Canaveral is not displayed, for example.
Are you sure?
Where is the canaveral.cfg located on your setup?
Is there any other base on the same coordinates that it is?

3. The surface tile export feature doesn't work, even though I do have DxTex.exe in the Utils directory.
Define "doesn't work" please - is the button gray, the tiles files corrupted, or some kid of CTD?

Also, the dependency on dxtex was removed right after 1.0 release, so the version provided above could be tested for this problem also.