Orbiter Video Thread

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This is my first ever video using Orbiter. No editing, no frills. Just me landing Atlatis. :)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
'Cosmic Destiny' - An Orbiter Film

--------------------------------
***DESCRIPTION***
On July 16, 2058, a collision was detected on Neptune's moon Triton. After the collision a strange sound is picked up by SETI...

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/1530266"]'Cosmic Destiny' - An Orbiter Film on Vimeo[/ame]

***MORE INFO***
Featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator, this is a short film with a brief narrative intro. I wanted to feature many addons in this film, but the main focus of the story is on the Deepstar as it travels through the solar system to investigate the strange sound detected on Triton after the collision. I'm very sorry if I missed anyone in the credits, but I'm fairly certain I got everyone. Thanks for watching! :)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks guys, thanks for watching. :)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Wow Tex!

Beginnings are everything when you're telling a story, and I was hooked from the start. I was grinning and thinking how smart you were to lay out the orbital and interplanetary infrastructure - and how obvious it was the intent.

And then there was the bondVaga as part of that very infrastructure.

I knew this was coming, but had completely forgotten about it behind everything else that's going on in my life right now. What a surprise and delight. I really love how it slips right into the context you're weaving there. No longer a derelict, but a viable part of the infrastructure. Very cool indeed.

The leap out to Triton done as a tour of the outer planets is beautiful. It's amazing how Orbiter lends itself to your work; you make superb camera choices consistently. And the views you choose are eye-candy.

Contact is pure eye-candy, too.

And The Probe caught me totally off guard as well, and I woke my wife who was sleeping on the couch by laughing so hard. Good art doesn't take itself too seriously, and a good punchline sticks easily in the memory.

You've made all the right moves here, I'd say.

Hail Probe, indeed!

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
Hey,
Just watched the video. Its AWESOME!! The music is really cool. The crew liftoff scene is also really good. The craft and the whole theme kinda reminded me of BBC's Voyage to the Planets.

I didn't quite understand what the XR-5 was doing all the way at Jupiter :blink: . So setting up all those space stations is why it took 100 years b/w the sound and the actual voyage? The ending was kinda .. ambiguous .. like 2001's ending. The "Hail Probe" was hilarious. I was like wondering what the hell is this and suddenly "Hail Probe"!! :rofl:.

All in al .. great vid!! :cheers:

~
Thomas

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Wow Tex! Only three words: You got skillz!

Liked those "exposure transitions" :lol:
Nice story, nice editing... nice music.. yeah this is good :p

Only thing I noticed is that somewhere around 5:30 it says Triton Decent Stage. Did you mean the stage is a good stage and doesnt get involved in "indecent" descents?:p I suppose you meant Descent.

Other than that, yet another superb video from Tex the moviemaker.

And a question, do you record the voice yourself? Maybe a friend? When I do my next video (still gathering ideas :huh:) I want some narrator but I dont think my english pronunciation is up to what I want it to sound like :p.

Reaction score
You better be careful, Tex, your gonna start giving Orbiter a good name.:speakcool:

Hail Probe!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Although I love every film I make, I felt like this one wasn't my best work, but given the limited time I've had to work on films lately it was all I could do to finish this one. I'm probably gonna take a break from making films for a while. Summer is upon us, I'm rather busy with work now and will be through summer so enjoy this one until I can get back to making another film. :)

Wow Tex!

Beginnings are everything when you're telling a story, and I was hooked from the start. I was grinning and thinking how smart you were to lay out the orbital and interplanetary infrastructure - and how obvious it was the intent.

And then there was the bondVaga as part of that very infrastructure.

I knew this was coming, but had completely forgotten about it behind everything else that's going on in my life right now. What a surprise and delight. I really love how it slips right into the context you're weaving there. No longer a derelict, but a viable part of the infrastructure. Very cool indeed.

The leap out to Triton done as a tour of the outer planets is beautiful. It's amazing how Orbiter lends itself to your work; you make superb camera choices consistently. And the views you choose are eye-candy.

Contact is pure eye-candy, too.

And The Probe caught me totally off guard as well, and I woke my wife who was sleeping on the couch by laughing so hard. Good art doesn't take itself too seriously, and a good punchline sticks easily in the memory.

You've made all the right moves here, I'd say.

Hail Probe, indeed!

Thanks n0mad, I'm glad you enjoyed the film! It was a thrill for me to feature your addon. I tryed to feature as many as I could yet still maintain some sort of a storyline.

Hey,
Just watched the video. Its AWESOME!! The music is really cool. The crew liftoff scene is also really good. The craft and the whole theme kinda reminded me of BBC's Voyage to the Planets.

I didn't quite understand what the XR-5 was doing all the way at Jupiter :blink: . So setting up all those space stations is why it took 100 years b/w the sound and the actual voyage? The ending was kinda .. ambiguous .. like 2001's ending. The "Hail Probe" was hilarious. I was like wondering what the hell is this and suddenly "Hail Probe"!! :rofl:.

All in al .. great vid!! :cheers:

~
Thomas

Thanks Thomas! Yea I definately took some inspiration from the fantastic Voyage to the Planets show.

As explained above, I wanted to feature many addons and the space stations with the XR5 etc given 100 years from the time the impact was detected seemed the best way to do this.

Wow! Awesome video Tex.

Thanks bud, awesome addon you made too! Love it. :cheers:

Wow Tex! Only three words: You got skillz!

Only thing I noticed is that somewhere around 5:30 it says Triton Decent Stage. Did you mean the stage is a good stage and doesnt get involved in "indecent" descents?:p I suppose you meant Descent.

Thanks for watching Whatu. :)

Ooops, you're right I accidently mispelled it, but oh well, it's not worth the time it would take to re-render and upload to fix it. ;)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
HAIL PROBE!

not much left to say after watching this. I wnat it in H.D! :cheers:

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great film, Tex. Was that your voice doing the voiceover? Sounds kinda old for you... BTW, I also am mystified as to what the XR-5 is doing out at Saturn, and also how they built the enormous Ceres out there.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Great film, Tex. Was that your voice doing the voiceover? Sounds kinda old for you...

Thanks mate, that was my father doing the voice over. He used to do that sort of stuff. :)

Belisarius said:
BTW, I also am mystified as to what the XR-5 is doing out at Saturn, and also how they built the enormous Ceres out there.

you and me both. :lol:

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Might as well share my old Orbiter videos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jOHvRFe3co"]YouTube - Don't Stop Me Now - Another Orbiter Film[/ame]

Jax6213

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
July 16, 1969 - Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon where history was made! This film is a remake of my original Apollo 11 release featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and AMSO Apollo addon. Thanks for watching! :)

It certainly looks like somebody has got the love of spaceflight hard wired into their firmware.:)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
May 2008 - The year was 2062, the location Mars...the memory will be with him forever. This is the second released version of my popular film 'Final Flight'. The storyline is the same, the shots are the same, but I've vastly improved the croping and panning and made some tweeks to the FX and released an HD version! Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Jax6213

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My SamSiMsX's Coming to a PC near You coming attraction commercial:

Coming to a PC near You commercial # 2