OHM Orbiter stock bases upgrade

Qapla

Reaction score
Have no clue about what could be the problem...
Does it crash using the default Orbiter graphics or only when using graphic clients?

Im sorry I didn't notice the patch, this has fixed the problem. Idiot award of the year goes to me I guess.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

How much RAM does your GPU have?? I noticed that Orbiter may experience CTD when big mesh or texture has be loaded on spot (zooming in also counts) on slower systems (notably small VRAM and slow HDD). Probably orbiter doesn't have enough time to load texture/mesh and CTDs.

If you're using default client try preloading textures at start (it makes orbiter load slower but should fix the problem):

Launchpad -> Extra -> Visualisation Parameters -> Planet Rendering Options.

For D3D9 client you can change it in Launchpad -> Video -> Advanced

in d3d9 you can also tick "Preload base visuals at startup"

I fixed it now but thanks, I didnt have the patch installed, but I will do what you said anyway, I prefer to get the loading done at startup in any game.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
The Doberai tiles are missing. Weird how I didn't notice that when first playing with it...

Absolutely brilliant. Very nice indeed, suddenly atmospheric flights are no longer just loops around your home base! My only slight complaint is that the monorail at Olympus is a little manic, the passengers are getting a pretty high-g ride in there! :lol: