OHM Orbiter stock bases upgrade

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This package really does belong on the "reccomended addons" page.

I really do think that I am speaking what is in, and what will be in, so every many peoples mind when I say a very big THANK YOU

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
This package really does belong on the "reccomended addons" page.

And thanks to Orb that has been done. :thumbup:

And yes, it's amazing work. I've had a quick look and am enjoying the new look stock bases immensely. thanks for this!

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words!

It's our pleasure, literally! Top job. :thumbup:

Can someone please check if the two level 4 textures for Doberai are missing from the download, or if it's just mine that got corrupted.

I'm missing:
4 2450 -175 1
4 2450 -174 1

:cheers:

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's our pleasure, literally! Top job. :thumbup:

Can someone please check if the two level 4 textures for Doberai are missing from the download, or if it's just mine that got corrupted.

I'm missing:
4 2450 -175 1
4 2450 -174 1

:cheers:

I just checked, and they do appear to be missing

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I found another small bug.

One of the runwaylights at Inyokern isn't aligned with the runway.

crisk73

Reaction score
Hi 4throck and thankyou for your excellent work!
Only a little thing: I cannot get Svobodniy base to work, it always causes CTD for me, either loading the relevant scenario or whenever the .cfg file is loaded. Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Can you please post your orbiter.log?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Sorry for only seeing this now.
Yes, we need to see what's reported on the Orbiter log. That will probably show the reason for the CTD.

Nevertheless, can you load other scenarios or does Orbiter crash in all situations, just by reading the Svobodniy base .cfg when loading the Earth?

If it is a general crash, a simple fix is to rename the config file to somehting like svobodniy.cf_ . Orbiter will no longer read it.

crisk73

Reaction score
Ok, I can tell you that it crashes whenever the .cfg is loaded, not only when the scenery itself is loaded. To make you understand, I was on a default tutorial playback (DG to the moon) and at a given point it crashed. By trial and error I detected the svobodniy.cfg file as being the cause of the ctd. A workaround I've found is to remove some block and hangar occurrences until the file got loaded. Sorry I can't send you now the orbiter.log cause I'm away from home.
Thanks.

Last edited:

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Strange. My Orbiter also CTDs when I load svobodniy. However, if I load it using the D3D9 client, it works. The log file doesn't reveal anything.

I loaded svobodniy into OBM in debug mode (which will usually through an assertion in debug if a base has wonky formatting), but there was no problem. I loaded it back into Orbiter from OBM, and it started fine.

From further inspection, the only difference between the OBM file, and the stock file, is the order of the objects. I even copy/pasted the stock file into the same order as the OBM file (in case there were strange 'hidden' characters causing the problem), and it worked. I copy/pasted the OBM file to the order of the stock file, and it blew up again. So I can only assume there is some strange issue with that particular ordering of objects.

I've attached the one that works on my rig, let me know if that fixes your issue. How or why it works, is beyond me.

Attachments

• Svobodniy.zip
    712 bytes · Views: 21

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Odd.... My tests were done on a 2012 beta and with a very clean 2010 Orbiter version. And yes, running the DX9 client.

Let me look into this... I'm puzzled!

Ok, this is the base in stock Orbiter, internal renderer:

130313213010gl01.jpg

130313213801gl01.jpg

Whatever that is, it comes from one of the hangars!
I can't understand what could cause that!

I verified that the csanders version works OK ! Thanks!

( I also see that the pad is elevated regarding the ground, but that is an easy fix...)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just had time to test it in-depht, excellent work, hoping to see updates soon ! :thumbup:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Well.
Over 32,000 downloads in six months, with an average of 2,500/3,000 downloads every week.
This is arguably the fastest-downloading addon in the whole Orbiter story.
:hailprobe:

Qapla

Reaction score
I have a problem with this addon, I get a CTD when I press the Z key to zoom in and it reaches the maximum zoom level, it happens on 2 different graphics cards. The orbiter log doesnt show any problems.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How much RAM does your GPU have?? I noticed that Orbiter may experience CTD when big mesh or texture has be loaded on spot (zooming in also counts) on slower systems (notably small VRAM and slow HDD). Probably orbiter doesn't have enough time to load texture/mesh and CTDs.

If you're using default client try preloading textures at start (it makes orbiter load slower but should fix the problem):

Launchpad -> Extra -> Visualisation Parameters -> Planet Rendering Options.

For D3D9 client you can change it in Launchpad -> Video -> Advanced

in d3d9 you can also tick "Preload base visuals at startup"

Last edited: