General Question Orbiter Sim LandSAT: Increase Texture Draw Distance?

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Ok, I installed OrbiterSimLandSAT061219_Earth_L10 for Orbiter 2010P1.

My question is, is there any way to increase the draw distance of the better Earth tiles (the LandSAT ones).

In this one, I have highlighted where the edge of the draw distance is (the Earth tile):
picture.php

This photo highlights it more obviously:
picture.php

Help on this would be appreciated. :tiphat:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
In the launchpad, go to extra>visualization parameters>planet rendering options. Here you can change some settings ;)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Much better solution than increasing patch/tile draw distance is to download "Earth L8.zip" from Orbiter Sim LandSAT textures download page. It's low-resolution (levels 1-8) version of the textures you installed.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Much better solution than increasing patch/tile draw distance is to download "Earth L8.zip" from Orbiter Sim LandSAT textures download page. It's low-resolution (levels 1-8) version of the textures you installed.

Download Level 8? :huh:

I have downloaded Level 10...

Ok, I installed OrbiterSimLandSAT061219_Earth_L10 for Orbiter 2010P1.

...as you can see above. Surely Level 10 is a higher resolution level than Level 8?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
...as you can see above. Surely Level 10 is a higher resolution level than Level 8?

You don't understand. You need levels 1-8 installed along with levels 9-10 of the same set.

Level 10 textures is just level 9 and 10 of the textures. Levels 1-8 from your picture are from different texture set, and that's the reason for seams in transition between level 8 and 9.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
You don't understand. You need levels 1-8 installed along with levels 9-10 of the same set.

Level 10 textures is just level 9 and 10 of the textures. Levels 1-8 from your picture are from different texture set, and that's the reason for seams in transition between level 8 and 9.

Ah, I did misunderstand. Thanks for clearing that up. :tiphat: