Orbiter Screenshot Thread

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You guys display a lot better of an ability to control yourself with reflections whilst using D3D9. I put them on everything. :D

Actually I touched nothing, those are the default AMSO addon textures, which are pretty nice. :cool:

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So I started up orbiter for the fist time in a long time and found myself completely confused on what the hell I was doing. So logic says when you forget how to play orbiter, you should take Apollo to the moon so that's what I did.
I started AMSO Apollo 8 and was soon on my way off the planet, however the damned auto pilot failed about 4/5 of the way through my ascent which led me to burn for much longer than needed. So much fuel was burned infact that I needed to use my service module to finish my TLI burn which of course spelt trouble ಠ_ಠ And after a nice little wait I even managed to mess up my course correction which left me with a pretty damn big orbit around the moon.

picture.php

Still made a good view though. So I orbited a few times before I decided to start getting on my way home with the bear minimum of fuel left.

picture.php

It would have been around the time I took this before I realized how screwed I was, no fuel left and was going to skip off the atmosphere, kinda like what they though was gona happen in Apollo 13 ;)

I still took the chance anyway and went straight in hoping that drag on the atmosphere would solve all my worries but no.

picture.php

So my first mission in ages left the crew of Apollo 8 dead but I still consider it a somewhat success.

spacman

Reaction score
Skylab Mission

Attachments

• Skylab 2 Solar Array Repair EVA.JPG
    Skylab 2 Solar Array Repair EVA.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 57
  • SUCCESS! Solar array has been deployed.JPG
    SUCCESS! Solar array has been deployed.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 45
  • SKYLAB 3 TWIN POLE SUN SHADE OPS.JPG
    SKYLAB 3 TWIN POLE SUN SHADE OPS.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 53

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know... a journey to Mars always strikes me. I love the arrival there!

Goodbye Earth!
OHRrjBp.jpg

Hello Mars!
W3enNzB.jpg

Dawn.
lgWiYxD.jpg

Approx. 10 Meters to go!
6Hbg4Qr.jpg

Hello Orcus Patera!
QTalYom.jpg

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know... a journey to Mars always strikes me. I love the arrival there!

Goodbye Earth!
OHRrjBp.jpg

Hello Mars!
W3enNzB.jpg

Dawn.
lgWiYxD.jpg

Approx. 10 Meters to go!
6Hbg4Qr.jpg

Hello Orcus Patera!
QTalYom.jpg

Awesome shots. I feel the same. Something about travelling to the Red Planet. Amazing every time when you turn prograde and she fills the window. I'll never forget the first time I experienced that. One of the moments that solidified Orbiter's place in my life.

I have yet to successfully reenter there though. By successfully, I mean reenter the atmosphere (complete) and not overshoot the base by 1000km (herein lies my problem).

I'll get there, just need to practice.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
[...] I'll never forget the first time I experienced that. One of the moments that solidified Orbiter's place in my life.

EXACTLY! This is EXACTLY the feeling I had, too! I remember it so... I don't know the english word. As if it was yesterday! The first travel to a body other than the moon is an awesome moment!

I have yet to successfully reenter there though. By successfully, I mean reenter the atmosphere (complete) and not overshoot the base by 1000km (herein lies my problem).

I'll get there, just need to practice.

I sometimes have the same problem. I fly a DGIV and somtimes the autopilot for the reentry gets it right and sometimes it messes up and I overshoot like 200km.

Sometime we'll be able to do the reentry just right! :cheers:

---------- Post added 02-07-14 at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-06-14 at 07:13 PM ----------

... and of course I have to go back! :)

Goodbye Orcus Patera!
CTQLW2i.jpg

Burning to leave Mars.
WzluqEr.jpg

Bye bye!
2u051uI.jpg

Ah, home...
6XflSIC.jpg

Preparing for reentry.
MHnjHtC.jpg

1,900°C max.
iFXOIjf.jpg

I hate landing at night...
gWl6GpD.jpg

Easy now...
slmsaG9.jpg

Good to be back :)
1COHCoZ.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looks like some serious yawing on the last pic :shifty:
Looks interesting anyway :tiphat:

The shadow of the launch contrail is perfectly straight, so I would say the pilot just noticed that the autopilot failed.:lol:

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I have... and I have absolutely no clue where to find the solution for this. :compbash2:

Try these settings for the visual effects tab:
Orbiter%20visual%20setup.png

Note the settings for "Night light level" and "Ambient light level". Also, be sure that "Planet night lights" is checked.

Proximus

Reaction score
EXACTLY! This is EXACTLY the feeling I had, too! I remember it so... I don't know the english word. As if it was yesterday! The first travel to a body other than the moon is an awesome moment!

I sometimes have the same problem. I fly a DGIV and somtimes the autopilot for the reentry gets it right and sometimes it messes up and I overshoot like 200km.

Sometime we'll be able to do the reentry just right! :cheers:

---------- Post added 02-07-14 at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-06-14 at 07:13 PM ----------

... and of course I have to go back! :)

Goodbye Orcus Patera!
CTQLW2i.jpg

Burning to leave Mars.
WzluqEr.jpg

Bye bye!
2u051uI.jpg

Ah, home...
6XflSIC.jpg

Preparing for reentry.
MHnjHtC.jpg

1,900°C max.
iFXOIjf.jpg

I hate landing at night...
gWl6GpD.jpg

Easy now...
slmsaG9.jpg

Good to be back :)
1COHCoZ.jpg

Loving the look of that exhaust texture, is it an addon or your own handy work?