Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Messierhunter

Reaction score
These are crosseye stereogram screenshots. Cross your eyes slightly (as if trying to look at an object just in front of your nose) until the images overlap to see these in 3D!

Scram to orbit
xr2web4.jpg

Ravenstar in orbit
xr2web3.jpg

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Look nice.
To get the effect put a finger about 30 cm in front your eyes and facing to photo.After you got a middle image focus on photo and remove finger.
Later you could with hand cover left and right image to get a holographic effect.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
My eyes can't see it. I can only get 3 blurry pictures. :'-(

Messierhunter

Reaction score
I can only get 3 blurry pictures. :'-(
You're probably very close to seeing it then. If you do it right there should be 3 images and the middle one will be in 3D. If it's blurry try sitting back further from your monitor - that might make it a bit easier to focus your eyes properly.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
You're probably very close to seeing it then. If you do it right there should be 3 images and the middle one will be in 3D. If it's blurry try sitting back further from your monitor - that might make it a bit easier to focus your eyes properly.

Thanks. I think I got it to work, for a few seconds. Hurts my eyes and brain too much. I got the best result by covering the right picture from my right eye and left from the left.

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
Those are amazing pics? How did you take those stereo images?

I saw it in 3D by crossing my eyes. I have some practice from looking at stereo images on wikipedia. I remember how excited I was when I saw a stereo image in 3D for the first time.

Cross-eye is much more easier than parallel eye.

I haven't heard of the trick with the finger before. That's a cool trick. It makes it very easy to do.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
HOLY...SOMETHING! I saw it! NEAT Effect! I used the crosseyed technique where I crossed my eyes fairly close to the screen, then "focused" on the middle image.

Messierhunter

Reaction score

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
The effect is amazing. You notice detail you never see otherwise. You can "examine" the aircraft in detail. Maybe its because the brain is getting twice as much image information?
The second pair especially has this really cool effect.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
On a totally clear, early May day. Delta Glider 5 rolls slowly to pad 39-B to begin a weeks preperation for DG-13.
DG-13 will land lunar expedition 9

dg-13-rollout.PNG

xmariox

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Donamy´s ODS in Columbia´s PLB.

Attachments

• ColumbiaODS.jpg
    ColumbiaODS.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 78

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Your technique does work, but I think you had the left-right eye images reversed. For cross-eye viewing the left eye's image must be on the right and vice versa. It looked odd to me so I swapped them and it seemed to work much better, see if it works better for you as well.

Attachments

• skylab3d.jpg
    skylab3d.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 70

Capt. Speirs

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I was very skeptical and thought you guys are nuts, then it happened, wow, what an effect. That is so cool.:speakcool:

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
Your technique does work, but I think you had the left-right eye images reversed. For cross-eye viewing the left eye's image must be on the right and vice versa. It looked odd to me so I swapped them and it seemed to work much better, see if it works better for you as well.

Yea, it looked really weird and not 3D at all when I looked at at the first image.

This time it looks great.

~
Thomas

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
Working on KLAS, still need to ad photo real runway textures and a few more buildings.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 85