jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm... lots and lots of nothing, and every now and then tons and tons of this:

Code:
Fragment info
-------------
0(461) : error C6013: Only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile, and only with a loop index variable

It is pretty clear that your GPU has trouble with some of the new tweaks. For now, just copy the TexGen.dll from 0.6.2 into your orbiter root directory and you should be fine. We'll have to wait and see what Artlav can make of this, but this version was kind of a testing version. It's good to know that it seems to work on most cards, and it's also good to know that some have trouble with it.

By the way, your GPU model might be of help too, just so that we know which cards are certain to have problems.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok the first time this occured was when it was trying to generate the clouds on a planet. I think the cloud generation caused the problem in my case.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics card.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
prog[0] is the ground, clouds are prog[1].
I'm more worried about the more recent
Code:
0(209) : error C0123: floating point constant overflow
0(209) : error C0123: floating point constant overflow
0(211) : error C0123: floating point constant overflow
0(211) : error C0123: floating point constant overflow
0(209) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected floating point constant, expecting "::" at token "<float-const>"
0(211) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected floating point constant, expecting "::" at token "<float-const>"
Somewhere something wrong is being passed to the code generator.

Line numbers are meaningless without specific cases, so can you provide specific reproduction steps?

First, delete current shader.log - it's cumulative, and all the older runs just confuse things.
Then, note an offending system and export it with GPU mode on.
Lastly, post which system was used and the new shader.log here.

I'll get back around jan 13th, so no hurry.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok took well over an hour to generate. (probly 2 hours) The test system coordanits are 27/720/13 and the star is 177.8c1.e49487.5i It has a 5 EM ocean and is a G star so it shouldn't be hard to spot.

Attachments

• shader.log
    272 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ok took well over an hour to generate. (probly 2 hours) The test system coordanits are 27/720/13 and the star is 177.8c1.e49487.5i It has a 5 EM ocean and is a G star so it shouldn't be hard to spot.
Nice, that's more useful.

Here is a (potential) fix:
http://spaceway.1gb.ru/files/texgen-120110-ex.zip

Best case scenario - it works fast.

Likely scenario - no changes. In that case please provide the content of out-0.frag file this version would output in the same place shader.log is. Content of shader.log is also of use.

Worst case scenario - it won't work at all. I only have a pocket pc at the moment and can't test it beyond "it compiled".

---------- Post added at 05:36 ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 ----------

Also, it's not necessary to wait the hours - the first time GPU generation fails it stops trying again, so all the relevant files would be there within seconds.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok that acctually fixed it the generation took less than 5 minuts. Here is my shader log in case something is still messed up.

Attachments

• shader.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
  • out-1-2.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Great, thanks for helping.
Is anything else broken?

Also, be advised that this is a debug build and should not be distributed.
I'll put a proper version somewhere around the weekend.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm well i just flew around in the system generated and the some of the planets got a little colorful. I will post pictures later tonight as i wont get home till after 8 or 9.

EDIT: here are the plannets affected by the fun color attack....... WOOO!!

picture.php

Terra

picture.php

Gas planet

picture.php

Martian

Last edited:

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Day dreaming again.....

So I have been thinking of how to make Orbiter Galaxy a more seamless part of the Orbiter experience. I was thinking of a scenario where Earth receives cargo(mined stuff or rare minerals, or constructed stuff) from a station in another star system...lets say Antares !

This can actually be simulated by a plugin like Orbiter Galaxy. Lets say the user loads a scenario thats based in Sol and has focus on a station around Earth. Also consider that there is an interstellar ship on its way from Antares with priceless cargo. One does not need to actually show its movement in deep space. Only when its within range of Sol , then begin to simulate it for real by instantiating it as a VESSEL3 object.

Meanwhile the Antares system can be simulated at a very basic level in the code by an extremely basic orbit simulator that solves kepler's laws, though not very accurately. Accuracy is not important if the user is not in the star system. The important parts to be simulated is only the mining station which is in a fixed orbit anyway and perhaps keep adding to its mineral store and the ship in transit which is more or less a straight line vector from the star towards Sol.

Now this space mining station is present in the current scenario too via a proxy Vessel. Lets say the user sets focus to it, so what do we do now ? Shut this scenario and load a new scenario with the target system of course ! Save the state of the Earth station and push it to the background(simulating it in the background). Note a module can achieve this as its present across scenarios. The new scenario has the Earth and its planets as VESSEL objects which can be set focus to. If focus is set, load back the original scenario after warning the user.

The interstellar in transit can have a proxy present in both scenarios too. If focus is on it, load a scenario with no planets just empty space. As simple as that.

Just wanted to get the idea out here for discussion :)

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I have been thinking of how to make Orbiter Galaxy a more seamless part of the Orbiter experience. I was thinking of a scenario where Earth receives cargo(mined stuff or rare minerals, or constructed stuff) from a station in another star system...lets say Antares !

I'm way ahead of you while thinking about most of what you suggested. Unfortunately, the stuff doesn't code itself :lol:

I don't plan anything like fast switching from station to station, though. I don't intend to make Orbiter X... :shifty:

Much of the other stuff I'm dreaming about, but I'm not sure if or when a point to seriously think about stuff like that will come. Or if Orbiter would really be the right platform for such things.

@Donatello: Some interesting colors there. I actually like some of them! :lol:

Still, this is probably due to some minor incompatibility of the current Texgen and your specific GPU. I hope Artlav will get it fixed some time in the future.

Maybe you can use the same texture generator as Space Engine has for more realistic textures?

I'm afraid I wouldn't get such great support for a texture generator based on SE as I do for the one from Spaceway, if SE would even supports all-out texture export. Besides that, this generator just about tickles the limits of what is bearable in terms of exporting time for full-out, non-LOD export.

Last edited:

kowkillar

Reaction score
Is there a known issue with win 7, because ever since I got a new comp running 7 everytime I try to open the map in-game it stays white no matter what I do? It worked on my xp and vista. The stand alone maps works fine.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Is there a known issue with win 7, because ever since I got a new comp running 7 everytime I try to open the map in-game it stays white no matter what I do? It worked on my xp and vista. The stand alone maps works fine.

Try to run Orbiter in windowed mode. Please report if it helps.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What he said. The map doesn't work in full-screen. It only works in windowed.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yap, that is kind of a weird thing... the behavior in full screen seems to be inconsistent on WinXP (on some machines it works, on others it doesn't), but it definitely doesn't on win7. You'll have to run orbiter windowed.

I suppose it is inevitable with two parallel graphics engines running (hell, three even when texture export is active!). A full-screen application demands sole use of the GPU.

Last edited:

Columbia42

Reaction score
Seeing this thread pop up reminded me of this project and I was wondering if there are any new development updates. This is a great project and I look forward to all sorts of new features and stuff!

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Oh please don't tempt jedidia!:shifty: He's very busy with IMS project right now and I wouldn't want him to be distracted on some other projects. We're using Orbiter Galaxy in IMS testing widely and it's obvious that it needs further development. I think we should wait for IMS release at least.

kowkillar

Reaction score
Thanks guys, windowed worked like a charm. Strange tho because I used to run orbiter full screen and the map still worked.

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
The big universe eh?
I have my ship waiting for me:
Intrepid_class_top_quarter_aft.jpg