Gaming Orbiter Forum Minecraft server

Would you play on this server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luki1997a

Reaction score

Ok. Everybody, I'm sorry if there are any problems with server. It should be now 24/7. But remember to hide all your items in chest until 24/7 will be confirmed.

So, after spawn everybody head sunset(west) and there's a nice village and few houses. You can build your house everywhere ;)

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
We sort of have/had one, hosted by n72.75, but it broke. A search of the forums for 'minecraft' would have told you this. I wonder if he'll be able to get it working again now 1.8 is out. Oh, and why do we need a city, we managed perfectly fine without one last time. here are some screenshots of what we achieved: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65910988@N02/sets/72157627217856597/

luki1997a

Reaction score
We sort of have/had one, hosted by n72.75, but it broke.

I know, so I want to create new one.

:hailprobe:

City is not very necessary. We will have at least city centre:)S without city :)) with shops. If you want 'em. ;)

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
very well, does FreeBSD have anything like a task scheduler? If so re-executing the server once every hour is easy, else, if it really kills ALL processes I would say its nigh on impossible. Though really, I don't like having to run a server like that. I would host one if it wasn't for my non-existent upload speed.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I know, so I want to create new one.

City is not very necessary. We will have at least city centre:)S without city :)) with shops. If you want 'em. ;)
Having another server would be nice--n72.75's was very nice when it worked but was plagued with problems.

As for having a city or city centre pre-built--to me, it's a lot more interesting to have everything built by the players from properly collected resources, with no usage of WorldEdit to build anything (I assume that's what you were planning to do?)

At most, maybe build some common infrastructure that everyone will need (farms and the like), but one of the things I hate about most public minecraft servers is how built-up they feel. I much prefer carving our own living out of the wilderness :)

Also, I'll happily re-build the "Hielor Centre for Agricultural Automation" that I put up on n72.75's server:
I've spent the last few hours constructing what I have deemed the "Hielor Centre for Agricultural Automation", just east (toward sunrise) of the bridge:
agriculture.jpg

Inside there is a mostly automated mushroom farm (pull a lever, wait 30 seconds, put the lever back, grab all the mushrooms that come out, then go do something else for a few hours while the mushrooms spread before doing it again) and a mostly automated sugar cane farm (push a button, grab all the sugar cane that comes out). There's an "observation room" for the sugar cane farm, but not for the mushrooms, since mushrooms do best in total darkness.

Feel free to use these resources, but please try not to be destructive about it--no mining or shoveling is necessary, just push the button or flip the lever, and please close the door when you leave to keep the mobs out.

luki1997a

Reaction score
very well, does FreeBSD have anything like a task scheduler? If so re-executing the server once every hour is easy, else, if it really kills ALL processes I would say its nigh on impossible. Though really, I don't like having to run a server like that. I would host one if it wasn't for my non-existent upload speed.

So, your post mean acceptation:) FreeBSD probably have task scheduler, but I'm using it for 2 days:) and I don't know if it's possible. Anyway a guy, who's hosting these servers told, that these processes are not always killed every hour. Sometimes it can be even 4 hrs. So, we can create a "clean" server, so there won't be any cuboids or plugins. We will have to be fair and don't destory someone's houses. I can at least install plugins for protected chests so, there won't be any thiefs:thumbup:

So, who has an experience, and want to became an Orbiter-Forum Minecraft server:)? The Second OF-MC server.

P.S. we will :hailprobe: here:thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ahem...

I don't know what your FreeBSD expert smokes, but you can also have processes that run for indefinite time. I suspect he is rather talking about network services, which are only started when a connection on a port is established.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Now that 1.8 is out I'm trying to get my ISP to unblock Port 22565 on my ip address.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now that 1.8 is out I'm trying to get my ISP to unblock Port 22565 on my ip address.
Of course, if we could have the original server back, I'd love that too--so as not to lose all the hard work from before :)

Pablo49

Reaction score
Of course, if we could have the original server back, I'd love that too--so as not to lose all the hard work from before :)
With 1.8 it's probably best to regen the world anyway to get the full features of 1.8, and not to have weird boundaries where old chunks meet newly generated chunks.

luki1997a

Reaction score

I've these "gaming" and torrent ports blocked, so I play on another internet connection, but I think you can use proxy...

So, I think we must create a player list(no, server won't have white-list) who will play on it. I'll edit this post when someone will post his desire to play here.

Current list:

-luki1997a
-n122vu
-Hielor
-jangofett287

Post a post:)S :lol:) "I want to play here" to join the list. If there won't be at least 5 persons until tomorrow at 21:00(GMT +1), the server won't rise...

So hurry up!

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
So, your post mean acceptation:) FreeBSD probably have task scheduler, but I'm using it for 2 days:) and I don't know if it's possible. Anyway a guy, who's hosting these servers told, that these processes are not always killed every hour. Sometimes it can be even 4 hrs. So, we can create a "clean" server, so there won't be any cuboids or plugins. We will have to be fair and don't destory someone's houses. I can at least install plugins for protected chests so, there won't be any thiefs:thumbup:

So, who has an experience, and want to became an Orbiter-Forum Minecraft server:)? The Second OF-MC server.

P.S. we will :hailprobe: here:thumbup:

I still don't like that uncertainty, If we don't know when the server will go, then we don't really have much of a way to save our efforts from digital oblivion.

Also, do we really need protected chests? as long as the server has a whitelist like the last one did, we should be fine, and besides, that's all part of the fun! But of course, there's nothing to stop me placing TNT under trees. :stirpot:(apart from the fact that the last server had a noticeable lack of creepers...)

luki1997a

Reaction score
I still don't like that uncertainty, If we don't know when the server will go, then we don't really have much of a way to save our efforts from digital oblivion.

Also, do we really need protected chests? as long as the server has a whitelist like the last one did, we should be fine, and besides, that's all part of the fun! But of course, there's nothing to stop me placing TNT under trees. :stirpot:(apart from the fact that the last server had a noticeable lack of creepers...)

uncertainty? uncertainty is now at 20%. Autosave plugin will save us for this oblivion:) I'll create the server tomorrow at ~15:00(GMT +1). Why protected chest are unnecessary? I think it's always good to have at least piece of protection. If you don't want to have them, so Ok I won't install this plugin. Whitelist?- OK. I don't think there will be a lack of crepeers:lol:

So server updates:

-Whitelist on
-probably no plugins
-just clear game, no cheating and a lot of fun

So, we'll start tommorow afternoon:thumbup:

and again:hailprobe:

EDIT: Can someone find a good port for server, which is not blocked by ISPs? It would be very helpfull.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
4000 (Default port for Eclipse Evolution 2.7 server),
27270 (Default port for scorched3D server),
1505 (Default port for OMP Server),
2502 (Default port for OMP Client).

luki1997a

Reaction score
4000 (Default port for Eclipse Evolution 2.7 server),
27270 (Default port for scorched3D server),
1505 (Default port for OMP Server),
2502 (Default port for OMP Client).

thanks, will you play here?:)

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Eh, why not? Put me on the list, I'll give it a shot.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I can't guarantee they won't be blocked, but I'm fairly sure your not going to clash with anything!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I suspect you'll have more issues with routers than with ISPs. That was always an issue for a lot of people with OMP.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Despite being behind a router that normally requires forwarding, I haven't experienced any problems with MC.

luki1997a

Reaction score
I suspect you'll have more issues with routers than with ISPs. That was always an issue for a lot of people with OMP.

I think it shouldn't be a problem, if any- I'll be trying to fix it.

[For users with freebsd experience]: I connect to server to start it using puTTY. when server is on, I've to have putty still running, because when I close it, it automatically logs me off, so server closes. Is it possible to stay logged in without putty running?
[end]

We need at least 2 admins. Who's interested:)?

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk