Resolved Orbiter Download Mirror 1 - Certificate has expired, Mirror 2&3 redirects to GoDaddy

supersonic71

Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi, when I tried to download Orbiter from http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mirrors/alteaaerospace/base_mirror.html
Mirror 1 - Shows some security error (certificate expired?)
Mirror 2&3 - Shows GoDaddy page
Mirror 4 - Works as intended without any issues (torrent version seems to have better speeds, I'm seeding!)

Not a high priority bug, as Mirror 4 works without issue. Just posting here regarding Mirrors 1, 2 and 3.

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
I encountered the same with scenery download links while writing an installation guide: a security warning in Chrome when attempting to download the new Titan.cfg from Mirror1. Mirrors 2 and 3 are gone and Mirror 4 doesn't have the new Mars or Titan textures.

There is also no torrent file for new Mars, Titan or Mercury. If this is changed I will seed.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
SSL certificate issues with Mirror 1 should be resolved now.

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
SSL certificate issues with Mirror 1 should be resolved now.

@Xyon

Hi all, I encounter issues with the first mirror. Clicking on any link (http/torrent) would result in the following error.

1640531318401.png

Mirror 2 and 3 are not working too. Only Doug's Altea Aerospace server seems to run fine. @dbeachy1 could you consider hosting the high-res Mercury texture, the latest Mars HRSC/MOC high-res texture, Antelop scenes and other stuffs available on the orbiter-radio server on your Altea Aerospace server too? Certain stuffs like the ones I mentioned are only available on Orbiter Radio server and not in your server. They are not in sync, it seems.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Last edited:

UK_clash16

Reaction score
@Xyon

Hi all, I encounter issues with the first mirror. Clicking on any link (http/torrent) would result in the following error.

View attachment 27343

Mirror 2 and 3 are not working too. Only Doug's Altea Aerospace server seems to run fine. @dbeachy1 could you consider hosting the high-res Mercury texture, the latest Mars HRSC/MOC high-res texture, Antelop scenes and other stuffs available on the orbiter-radio server on your Altea Aerospace server too? Certain stuffs like the ones I mentioned are only available on Orbiter Radio server and not in your server. They are not in sync, it seems.

i have the same problem i am in the uk so i click EU and then i get this error can any1 help fix this?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@Xyon

View attachment 27343

Hi, my DigitialOcean server doesn't have the free disk space to host large texture files. However, I'll let @Xyon know about the issues on the other mirrors. It looks like the orbiter.us domain expired.

Last edited:

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi, my DigitialOcean server doesn't have the free disk space to host large texture files. However, I'll let @Xyon know about the issues on the other mirrors. It looks like the orbiter.us domain expired.
I'll sort out the orbiter-radio mirror, but orbiter.us was someone else - though I'm not sure who.

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi. I was running orbiter.us but due to financial issues I was not able to renew the domain name. It is down permanently.

Andronicus

Reaction score
Hi @Xyon, just a heads up that the texture HTTP downloads on mirror.orbiter-radio.uk are showing a certificate error again. LetsEncrypt certificate expired on Sep 22. It's a bit of a bother since that is now the only apparent source for the newer high-res Mercury, Mars, and Titan textures. (It would be really nice to have torrent downloads for those packages, too...)

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi @Xyon, just a heads up that the texture HTTP downloads on mirror.orbiter-radio.uk are showing a certificate error again. LetsEncrypt certificate expired on Sep 22. It's a bit of a bother since that is now the only apparent source for the newer high-res Mercury, Mars, and Titan textures. (It would be really nice to have torrent downloads for those packages, too...)
Thanks; this is resolved now.