OFSS III Project info and discussion.

Jobyh

Reaction score
Just wondering, how long will there be between each flight?
Going camping for a week next Monday and dont want to hold everything up.
Will I be ok if I'm flight 13? :)

davewave

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is a great concept. Wish I could ferry in some passengers? Maybe haul up a UMMU Module like a hotel so we can have a commercial component.
IE: The national space agencies build the station and we Enterprising corporations deliver tourists, hotels and over relative modules... for a fee....
My XR2 leaves in one hour..

Also looking at the schedule (this program goes well into 2012) I'm assuming full realism will be adhered to by the pilots (e.g. no time compression, full damage and non spherical sources , etc etc)?
Perhaps in the future this concept could be meshed with the multiplayer Orbiter that is around...

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi dave,

You can basically do anything you want on your end. If you're scheduled to fly one of the missions though, then you just need to follow the objectives and paste the contents from your (Current state).scn after you finish the flight. The realism settings used are up to you really, but some addons may not launch properly if unlimited fuel is used. I'd recommend playing with all realistic settings, however beginners may want to disable 'Non-spherical gravity sources'. Time compression really has to be used as I'm sure the next person doesn't want to wait 10+ days for their flight package. :)

I really have no plans to make this into an OMP project. We're trying to keep this one simple so things move along quickly. I've already done all of the work ahead of time, so we're already in motion. A few flights are still available, check the flight schedule thread in this forum and request the one you'd like if you're interested. :tiphat:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
After talking with Kevin580 for a bit here's the patch for flight 6:
OFSSIIIFlight6Patch.png

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
I'm in the process of a clean install for OFSS III and I would like to know where to put vinka's spacecraft 3 and stage.dll in the install order. Can anyone help me out?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm in the process of a clean install for OFSS III and I would like to know where to put vinka's spacecraft 3 and stage.dll in the install order. Can anyone help me out?

It comes with the addons in the required addons list. Install every addon in the order listed and you will have no problems.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
Thank you :) Ill start the install when I'm "hardly working" at my post tonight :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Tex, the link to Flight Package #1 in the page below actually links to package #2 on OH.

http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23528

Its all the same package, but renamed to Flight #2. The first flight scenario and the second flight scenario is included in the Flight #2 package.

When I release Flight #3 package, it will contain the first, second, and third flight scenarios along with updated documentation for the new flight objectives.

EDIT - I re-worded my post in the package release thread to hopefully clarify that a little better.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just to avoid silence, flight #2 will likely be done closer to this weekend.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I have to give a big thanks to Eli13! He's doing a great job on these patches, something I would never have the motivation to do after putting the rest of the package together.

Thank you Eli! :cheers:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Thanks Tex,
its been a lot of fun, expect the 8th patch soon! :thumbup:
:cheers:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
And here's patch number 8!
OFSSIIIFlight8Patch.png

Thank you to IronRain for his concept and time to answer my PM :lol:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
After talking with Scav here is flight number 9's patch:
OFSSIIIFlight9Patch2.png

(in case you didn't see my chatbox discussion, that constellation is Aquila, the Eagle)

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
(in case you didn't see my chatbox discussion, that constellation is Aquila, the Eagle)

...and come the first mission in 2012, the Eagle WILL fly. :thumbup:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Here's flight 10's patch!
OFSSIIIFlight10Patch.png

Note that the Roman Numeral X was used in place of the number 10 (obviously) as requested by the mission's commander, Izack.