OFSS III Project info and discussion.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It looks like the OFSS3 ROS has some incompatible docking ports connected: APAS-SSVP between Zarya and Zvezda, and CBM-SSVP between Neesys and Zarya. :shrug:

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
It looks like the OFSS3 ROS has some incompatible docking ports connected: APAS-CBM between Zarya and Zvezda, and CBM-SSVP between Neesys and Zarya. :shrug:

And these Soyuz/Progress need a Pirs or Rassvet between them and Zvezda.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It looks like the OFSS3 ROS has some incompatible docking ports connected: APAS-CBM between Zarya and Zvezda, and CBM-SSVP between Neesys and Zarya. :shrug:

That screen shot is actually from the early planning when I was using the scenario editor, it needs to be updated, my fault. After I actually flew the missions I realized I had them backwards. Zarya will dock to Neesys with it's opposite side which is for CBM adapters. So Zvezda would obviously dock on the other side of Zarya which works (I tested this in the scenario).

EDIT - Actually Zvezda can't really translate, so the way it plays out is Zarya undocks from Neesys and docks to Zvezda with its #2 docking port when Zvezda arrives. Then Neesys docks to Zarya #1 port. However, after P6 comes up many flights later, Zarya and Zvezda are moved to a different docking port on Neesys. This time URMS will be used to help. I planned it all out, still testing the later missions to make sure it all works as expected. :)

And these Soyuz/Progress need a Pirs or Rassvet between them and Zvezda.

I was able to dock Soyuz to Zarya and Zvezda just fine. :shrug:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
They are another vessel though, yes? Unless it's absolutely required, we should try to avoid adding any more vessels to the scenarios than we really need is my thinking. By the end it gets some what massive at 37 vessels I think it is. :)

diogom

Reaction score
They are another vessel though, yes? Unless it's absolutely required, we should try to avoid adding any more vessels to the scenarios than we really need is my thinking. By the end it gets some what massive at 37 vessels I think it is. :)

Holy Probe! Yeah, I see your point. Its nothing important. One of my ideas from over using Thorton's ISS :lol:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Zarya will dock to Neesys with it's opposite side which is for CBM adapters.
It's actually an APAS-95 port, not CBM, so a PMA would be required between Zarya and Neesys, just like there is between Zarya and Unity in real life. :tiphat:
sts088-365-020.jpg

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Interesting, I didn't know that. :cheers:

I was able to dock both of them together just fine without the PMA though, so is there any harm in not using one? Having it there will add some complications to the flight plans I already drew up, but if we need it then it should be added to Flight #2 payload.

EDIT - Here is what it looks like without the PMA and with Zarya turned around the right way: (this is before P6 comes up, after which Zarya/Zvezda are moved to Neesys port #3.)
CSS-F4.jpg

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
So is there going to be an insignia or anything along those lines for OFSS 3?

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was able to dock both of them together just fine without the PMA though, so is there any harm in not using one? Having it there will add some complications to the flight plans I already drew up, but if we need it then it should be added to Flight #2 payload.
No need if it's a pain; only if you want to go for hard realism.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Cool, if you need any help with stuff like that, feel free to PM me :)

EDIT: If you guys want mission patches, I'd more than willing to provide them for you.

Last edited:

halcyon

Reaction score
How often are you planning to launch missions?
Once a week? Twice a week?

I would lean more on twice but that's just because I chose the next available STS mission on slot 14.
Once a week would mean 4+ months :(

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
How often are you planning to launch missions?
Once a week? Twice a week?

I would lean more on twice but that's just because I chose the next available STS mission on slot 14.
Once a week would mean 4+ months :(

It all depends on how fast you guys can finish your flight and get us the post flight scenarios. At least once a week, but hopefully more often than that. The actual day you fly the mission is flexible, I don't think we'll set any exact (real life) dates for each flight. However, the (simulated) launch date in the scenario will be exact and planned in advance, but it won't be the same as the current real world date/time is my only point.

When the first flight goes up on July 6, 2011, we'll already have all of the launch scenarios for the space station ready to go. That means all we'll have to do is paste in the ship content from your post flight scenarios, then release the new package for the next flight. We'll contact you the flight before your slated to go up so you have time to prepare before your launch scenario is released. ;)

Jobyh

Reaction score
Will the Soyuz/Progress/CTV missions have a launch autopilot set up?
If so I'm up for doing any of those but I'll never be able to launch the thing!

Sorry, I'm pretty new to OFSS. Is the basic plan: you get sent the mission, you do the mission then you post the completeted mission on the completed mission board?

Wood

Reaction score
When you've got a spare moment, posting up a list of all the needed addons would be really helpful. Thanks!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Will the Soyuz/Progress/CTV missions have a launch autopilot set up?
If so I'm up for doing any of those but I'll never be able to launch the thing!

Sorry, I'm pretty new to OFSS. Is the basic plan: you get sent the mission, you do the mission then you post the completeted mission on the completed mission board?

Yep, the auto-pilots will be setup. When someone completes their flight, they copy the contents from the (Current state) scenario then paste it into this thread:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23529

When you've got a spare moment, posting up a list of all the needed addons would be really helpful. Thanks!

All required addons will be listed in the extensive documentation which you will get when the first package is released. For that matter, everything you need to know about the space station will be included in that document, but we can't release it yet until we finish preparing it. It won't be long, Kyle and I are both still working on the scenarios. :thumbup:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This might be an afterthought, but has anyone considered wiki-ing our progress?

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Updated screen shot of how OFSS III will look completed. No ships are docked to the 4 PMA adapters, however there is a SoyuzTMA and CTV on station as escape / crew rotation vehicles:

OFSS-Complete.jpg

EDIT - I just noticed the 4th URMS is missing. :lol: I'll update my post in a moment...

EDIT 2 - Screen shot updated.. NOW it is completed. :thumbup:

halcyon

Reaction score
Updated screen shot of how OFSS III will look completed. No ships are docked to the 4 PMA adapters, however there is a SoyuzTMA and CTV on station as escape / crew rotation vehicles:

OFSS-Complete.jpg

EDIT - I just noticed the 4th URMS is missing. :lol: I'll update my post in a moment...

EDIT 2 - Screen shot updated.. NOW it is completed. :thumbup:

Nice! Great layout.
I like how the cupola is at the end of the "docking" section of the station.
Very groovy.