OFSS III - Missions problems and troubleshooting.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Cras said:
flight 16 is done.

fyi, for Shuttle Fleet, when using the modern launch profile, you cannot launch on the heading supplied by Launch MFD, it needs to be offset because the rolls to head up attitude will throw it off, and you end up in an orbit that has an Rinc that is quite high compared to the station, and it is very hard to get on the right plane and not use up all the OMS fuel.

You can adjust your heading during the launch before MECO to get Rinc on 0. Use #1 and #3 on the numpad. I find it more enjoyable than just sitting there while the autopilot does everything.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
About this "docking tips" thing: wouldn't it be simpler to do a killrot with OFSS-Core?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Another thing, about berthing modules to the station with the RMS: is it okay if the longitudinal rotation (red or white triangle in docking MFD) of the module is misaligned?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I did a practice run with the MPLM berthing in mission 16. There was a Shuttle RMS to Station SRMS (URMS) handover. I rotated the MPLM with the URMS, ungrappled, and then regrappled the other grapple fixture. I managed to berth it, and the orientation was good enough.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Dude, it's a sim. It's supposed to be done realistically.! :rolleyes:

What I mean is that I'm not going to do all the RPM/TORVA stuff during approach, and I'm not going to enable things such as nonspherical gravity sources.

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What I mean is that I'm not going to do all the RPM/TORVA stuff during approach, and I'm not going to enable things such as nonspherical gravity sources.

Why not? TORVA is one of my favorite things to do in Orbiter. Give it a shot. What have you got to loose?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
edit: I thought Cras didn't do the mission yet, according to this, so I thought I would do the mission instead, which was why I was asking all these questions.

Then I found out that it was already done. Sorry.

Last edited: