Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Mission Name: OFMM-P1

CDR: MaverickSawyer

Description:

Fly the OFMM TX from Ascenion Island to KSC to collect an ex-NASA communications satellite which will be packed inside a satellite carrier and fly it back to Ascension island.
One the satellite is on Ascension Island the satellite carrier should be placed in a hangar for testing.

Estimated Mission Duration: One Day. A stop over in KSC is fine as I understand that some of the KSC staff will buy you dinner and drinks. :lol:

If there any question or problems with this mission please post them here.

THE SCENARIO
Code:
BEGIN_DESC
OFMM-P1
You are charged with taking this TX over to KSC where a satellite carrier is waiting to be collected.
The trip to KSC and back can be done in one day or you can spend the evening at KSC and fly back the next day.
KSC staff have promised dinner if you decide to stay!
Load the satellite carrier onto the TX making sure it's protected under the aeroshell then fly back to wideawake.
Put the satellite carrier into one of the hangers and park up the TX and the end of the flight for post flight inspection.
END_DESC

BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT
  System Sol
  Date MJD 55930.6896417589
END_ENVIRONMENT

BEGIN_FOCUS
  Ship K-Raffaello_Mplm
END_FOCUS

BEGIN_CAMERA
  TARGET TX-01
  MODE Extern
  POS 0.92 86.66 -16.33
  TRACKMODE TargetRelative
  FOV 50.00
END_CAMERA

BEGIN_HUD
  TYPE Surface
END_HUD

BEGIN_SHIPS
TX-01:Tx
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -14.4260700 -7.9500400
  HEADING 118.52
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000 2:1.000000
  NAVFREQ 0 0 0 0
  XPDR 0
  MAINDOCK 0 0.0000
  GEAR 1 1.0000
  LIGHTS 0 0 0 0
  COVER 1 1.0000
  WINGS 0 0.0000
  AIRBREAKS 0 0.0000
  MT_MODE 0
  WING_MODE 0
  RCS_MODE 0
  PL_DESCRIPTION AeroShell 0.000 4.400 -13.500 0.000 0.999 -0.052 0.000 0.052 0.999
  IN_JETTISON 0 0
  J_MARKER 0.000000
END
K-Raffaello_Mplm:Spacecraft\Spacecraft2
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -80.6822042 28.5934837
  HEADING 63.79
  AFCMODE 7
  NAVFREQ 94 481
  CONFIGURATION 1
  CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0
END
AeroShell:TXCover
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS 12.0478237 0.2425151
  HEADING 66.56
  ATTACHED 0:0,TX-01
  AFCMODE 7
  NAVFREQ 0 0
END
END_SHIPS

This scenario requires a special configuration file to be placed in [ORBITER]\CONFIG\VESSELS and to be called txcover.cfg

Code:
Meshname = SVTUl.Faring1
Mass = 144
Size = 55.0

Required addons are:

Satellite Carrier -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1443"]Airbus Beluga with MPLM[/ame]
TX -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=421"]TX winged space launcher, release 5[/ame]
Wideawake -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3666"]Wideawake International[/ame]
spacecraft2 -> http://users.swing.be/vinka/spacecraft_050721.zip
stage.dll for orbiter 2010 -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4661"]Stage.dll for Orbiter 2010[/ame]
svtu -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4659"]SVTU (Small Vehicle Transportation Unit) 100617[/ame]

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Works for me, let's do it!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
After much discusion the OFMM-P1 scenario has been added to the first post.

If there are problems or questions with this little mission please post them in here - This is NOT the place to debate any changes to the mission, it should be flown as described. however, if there are problems or concerns please post them.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And this is the patch I made for it:
ofmm-p1.png

(I haven't heard from MaverickSawyer yet on whether this is okay or not)

---------- Post added 01-01-12 at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-31-11 at 06:48 PM ----------

Actually, MaverickSawyer hasn't been here since December 29.

Last edited:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Gary: Got it, will fly Sunday.
Pipcard: Awesome, looks great.

Sorry about being away, guys and gals. My parents put the kibosh on any O-F use at home on their computers, and since those are the only internet enabled computers I had access to since the 29th, I haven't been able to get on. I am currently at the county library :).

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
OK, halfway through. It was a smooth flight to KSC, got the cargo, and saved it, as I was running out of time. I will have to try and find an appropriate computer to spend two hours on flying it back. :shrug: the library comps are locked down so tight, I can't even unzip files on them.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
If you're going to be unable to pilot the mission for a while maybe it'd be better for the backup pilot to take over? that way the next missions won't be delayed

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
If you're going to be unable to pilot the mission for a while maybe it'd be better for the backup pilot to take over? that way the next missions won't be delayed

I agree, there is no shame in asking the backup to take over - in fact it's sensible and one of the reasons we have a backup.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Backup pilot reporting in :salute:
Ready to assume command when asked to do so.

I'd hate to take over now, especially when MS has already done half the job, but I must confess that this first mission has already been delayed too much.
Not that I'm blaming Maverick in any way, RL always finds ways to keep us from our cyber goals, but since there was a problem already detected, perhaps a PM to the management explaining the situation, would save us from the delay.

As garyw already said, this is the reason we have backups.

To avoid such problems in the future, I propose that a time-window, or a deadline, is set for the completion of the mission when the scenario is posted. This is something that can be discussed beforehand in the mission thread with the pilots involved.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
To avoid such problems in the future, I propose that a time-window, or a deadline, is set for the completion of the mission when the scenario is posted. This is something that can be discussed beforehand in the mission thread with the pilots involved.

We already have one outlined in the FAQ. It wasn't fully followed this time due to discussions over the mission itself.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Backup pilot reporting in :salute:
Ready to assume command when asked to do so.

Ok, as this has been on hold for a little while I'm setting a date of Wednesday 18th January for the pilot to provide an update. After that the mission falls to the backup pilot.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
If the scenario is edited accordingly then SC3 should be fine but it is untested.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Ok, as this has been on hold for a little while I'm setting a date of Wednesday 18th January for the pilot to provide an update. After that the mission falls to the backup pilot.

In that case, I should have it done, as I will be able to fly on Tuesday. Sorry about the delay folks.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
In that case, I should have it done, as I will be able to fly on Tuesday. Sorry about the delay folks.

Good News. You still have until Wednesday. I'll also ask if you have the ability to fly the later missions you have signed up for - if not let me know now.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I should have no problems. I just didn't realize this mission would be coming during Winter break, when I can't fly for extended periods of time. Since I go back to school on Tuesday, I can fly for several hours at a stretch if needed, since I lined my schedule up to allow that. :cool:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Your response from roll call:

I can do in-atmo work great, and can fly the TX, G-42, the XR2, and the DGIV with ease. Getting to orbit is easy, and I have lots of practice at that. Anthing else, though, I'm not very good at. If you need an airlift pilot for transporting stuff from a (fictional) manufacturing site to a launch point, I'm game. If it's docking stuff that's been delivered to a matching orbit, I good with that too. I will have to look at my schedule for computer time for next semester, though. It may be cut short.

At no point did you mention winter break. The Q&A thread clearly listed the start date as 1st January - in fact we started almost two weeks later than that.

This is why I did a roll call thread - so I could capture this sort of information and make sure that OFMM doesn't die yet again waiting for someone or something.