General Question Obtaining MOLA data ...

llarian

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on how to obtain MOLA data to build an accurate Mars surface? In particular, I'm interested in the Erebus Montes area but it is the general extraction of height data that I want to discuss?

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Bump this. An in depth tutorial on how to obtain and convert height data from a NASA tiff file to .elv files and create an archive tree file would be great.

That said, Orbiter's High-resolution texture packs for Mars, already have the following:
The surface and elevation tiles for this set have been processed from Mars Express HRSC data (level-4) and referenced to the lower-resolution NASA MSG/MOC data. MOC and MOLA data have also been used to fill the gaps in HRSC coverage.
The HRSC data have 200m/px coverage (not global), and the gaps have MOC/MOLA data (436m/px). The Mars Legacy texture packs, have the MOC/MOLA/THEMIS data.

llarian

Reaction score
Thanks dgatsoulis. I forgot about the tree files within Orbiter itself. However, when trying to use tileedit.exe it asks me to install the Matlab 2015a runtime file. This will not install on my system. Any thoughts?

Please disregard. I must have hit the wrong download link.

Last edited: