Science Number of sex partners in your life

How many girflriends have you had before??

• -0-

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • 1-3

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • 4-7

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • 8-12

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 13+

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Imagine the trouble when he has to pick a 'first lady' for overseas visits! :rofl:

This gives the concept of "Behind every strong man is a strong woman" completely new insights..."Behind every strong man is an army of women"

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I won't take part here, the poll isn't anonymous and I have the strict policy that my sexual activity is my private business. Private as in "That is something that not even my mother needs to know about."
I am pretty sure, at least of the last x girlfriends, with x being a prime number below 17, there should be tiny traces in the WWW that somebody with enough time and a lack of a girlfriend of his own could research.
I see what you did there

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Zero.

forever+alone+face.png

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
Sex is not inherently sacred. The "sacredness" of sex is a meme, and as the world population increases and resources become more scarce you will see reproductive sex become less and less sacred to the great unwashed, although grudgingly.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The great unwashed? :huh:

World population does not affect whether people want to have sex or not. Sex- even 'reproductive' sex, is no longer an inherently reproductive act, and the reproductive facet of it is actually quite small in modern society.

If sexuality and reproduction were as intimately linked as I imagine you assume, the world population would be 40 billion and contraceptives would not exist. ;)

"World population" and "scarce resources" do not affect whether people want to reproduce or not, and certainly do not affect whether people want to have sex or not... lifestyle determines fertility rate, this is why developed countries have low birth rates whereas underdeveloped countries have birth rates that soar into an average of 6 or 7 children per woman.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also...if sex and reproduction would be inseparable (as "God" created us), we would be unable to have sex while in pregnancy and reproduction would be much easier... some people just need one accidental shot for reproduction, while others need to try for weeks before something reacts.

Sexuality is one part of our life. You can accept it or spend your life fighting against it. I really envy those who can be natively asexual for a reason sometimes, but I doubt I miss much that way.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hmmm - I think it's about 15-16 but I'm not entirely sure.

During few last years I've been drinking a lot, spending most of my time in pubs/clubs and there was not a problem to pick up a girl there and have sex with her in hotel/motel/my room/her room etc. Also I don't treat sex like something sacred.

- following lines express my own opinion and experience -

Things are different when you meet someone you trully love. Then sex is whole new experience. "Complete" for lack of better words. Up til now I've experienced it only with one girl and I pray to meet in my future someone, with whom I'll experience it once again. And hopefully for the rest of my days.

Summary:
- Sex based relationships can be fun but sex in love based relationships is much better.

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
I think that it is really peculiar that we all eat food and it is a major topic, we drink spirits and that too is a major topic. But a function that is responsible for the continued existence of not just humankind but all life on the planet, something that is practised by everyone, excepting those unable or those who by vows of celibacy abstain, is considered taboo to talk about by many.

In these days where almost every problem we face is the result of overpopulation pressure, sex is still a verboten subject. It is like the elephant in the room nobody wants to admit they see. People think their sex life is some kind of sacred cow, like what they do sexually is so unique compared to everybody else that they refuse to talk about it on the grounds that it is "too personal". Well, let clue you in on something: we all do it pretty much the same, just like we all eat pretty much the same and we all defecate pretty much the same.

So why all the secrecy about some peoples sex lives? I'll posit a theory or two. First, I think that people who are reluctant to talk about it either are still laboring under the culturally inculcated idea that sex is "dirty" or "nasty" or even "sacred" at the other end of the spectrum, or they fear that they are inadequate compared to others and don't want to reveal that, or that they are "perverted" and definately don't want people finding that out.

Well let me reiterate: Whoever you are, your sex life isn't special or sacred or dirty or perverted or inadequate. It just is what it is, and if you can't or don't want to talk about it, you need to look deeper. It is a basic biological function and as such doesn't deserve to be relegated to any level other than that, neither "sacred" nor "dirty". The sooner we as a species come to accept all our biological functions, and be able to discuss them in a mature thoughtful manner, the sooner we will come to realize our true role in the ecosystem and act accordingly to bring about a better world.

Communication, true and honest communication is the key to peace and harmony.

seconded again.

BTW, Not afraid to admit that I had a lot of free return trajectories in my teens and early 20s before managing to finally insert an orbit. And after my first orbital insert, from then on, it was usually just one orbit per planet before ejecting to new planets. It was a lot of fun. Never been to Uranus though. Just never had the inclination. I've been orbiting the same planet happily now for almost thirty years. And loving it.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I'm on zero here, but that may change in the next few years - who knows? ;)

Keatah

Reaction score
Basic biological function or not, sex is often perceived by "proper" folks as dirty, smelly, disease-ridden, and full of gassy odors and sloppy smeary secretions. They just don't say it as forthright as they should. AND orgasming is bad for the brain, it makes all these short circuits happen and supposedly there is a whole science discussing that! Too much sex, meaning more than once every few months, depletes your brain chemicals.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :leaving:

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Uh i find it along with probably 75% of everybody on this forum to be offensive especially in the dead of internet where people can keep records. Im pretty sure you are trying to get your "happy" on or trying to get some statistics without doing real research... But seriously this is realy unproffesional and unethical:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :leaving:

Does that mean 0?

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
The great unwashed? :huh:

World population does not affect whether people want to have sex or not. Sex- even 'reproductive' sex, is no longer an inherently reproductive act, and the reproductive facet of it is actually quite small in modern society.

If sexuality and reproduction were as intimately linked as I imagine you assume, the world population would be 40 billion and contraceptives would not exist. ;)

"World population" and "scarce resources" do not affect whether people want to reproduce or not, and certainly do not affect whether people want to have sex or not... lifestyle determines fertility rate, this is why developed countries have low birth rates whereas underdeveloped countries have birth rates that soar into an average of 6 or 7 children per woman.

What I meant to imply was that when population pressures reach critical limits (food, water, shelter) the birth rates will plummet, whether third world or first.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nor does having sex imply a girlfriend.

Definitelly not. You can have so called "sex friend", you can pick up a girl for 1 night at club or you can even pay a girl to do the job. In that cases I wouldn't call sex partner a girlfriend.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What I meant to imply was that when population pressures reach critical limits (food, water, shelter) the birth rates will plummet, whether third world or first.

I would be skeptical of that. Although a lot of the problem in underdeveloped countries is a lack of education, a drop in standard of living to universal third-world standards could mean an increase in birth rate, even if population growth remains the same or even goes into the negative due to various crises.

And birth rate still has very little to do with sexuality.

Last edited:

fort

Reaction score
I think about at this instant to this small sentence that has, can be, an equivalent one in English:

"Quand on aime, on ne compte pas". When one likes one does not count.

For sure, it's meaning does not apply ordinary in the direction given by this topic but...:)