Launch News North Korea successfully shoot satellite into space! December 12, 2012

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Here we go....... :facepalm:

Pyongyang, December 1 (KCNA) — A spokesman for the Korean Committee for Space Technology issued the following statement Saturday:

The DPRK plans to launch another working satellite, second version of Kwangmyongsong-3, manufactured by its own efforts and with its own technology, true to the behests of leaderKim Jong Il.

Scientists and technicians of the DPRK analyzed the mistakes that were made during the previous April launch and deepened the work of improving the reliability and precision of the satellite and carrier rocket, thereby rounding off the preparations for launch.

The polar-orbiting earth observation satellite will blast off southward from the Sohae Space Center in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province by carrier rocket Unha-3 in the period between December 10 and 22.

A safe flight path has been chosen so that parts of the carrier rocket that might fall during the launch process would not affect neighboring countries.

At the time of the April launch, the DPRK ensured utmost transparency of the peaceful scientific and technological satellite launch and promoted international trust in the fields of space science researches and satellite launch. The DPRK will fully comply with relevant international regulations and usage as regards the upcoming launch, too.

http://www.northkoreatech.org/2012/12/01/dprk-plans-satellite-launch-in-december/

Can I bet $5 US that the rocket will went down again during upper stage burns? :rofl:

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Get out your favorite hardhats, ladies and enjoy the fireworks!

And the champagne afterwards, when the TV announces the rocket made it to orbit...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I wonder why no one mentioned that the End Of The World 2012™ is scheduled in almost exactly three weeks.
Or North Korea is no longer a sufficiently Big Bad?

MattBaker

Reaction score
Well, you can't fail everytime when your biggest ally is the second-most launching nation, right?

Let them launch another ten times and they can release the best movie ever, 90 minutes compilation of rocket launches&explosions (at least it sounds better than Avatar, which is currently the most successful one...)

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Let them launch another ten times and they can release the best movie ever, 90 minutes compilation of rocket launches&explosions (at least it sounds better than Avatar, which is currently the most successful one...)

Shame shame shame

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
The Myans never said what will happen in 3 weeks. Although we can say it will be the end of modern civilization if we have a nuclear holocost in 3 weeks

Mader Levap

Reaction score
I wonder why no one mentioned that the End Of The World 2012™ is scheduled in almost exactly three weeks.
Because it is offtopic loonie bin?

On-topic: come on, they at least should get to second stage spearation. Not easy task, considering that every next launch is performed with entirely new crew. It is hard in these circumstances to learn from your mistakes.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
So, is there any recent pictures or information about the "satellite", Or go there only show pictures of the previous satellite?

So long I got no any neutral information and/or pictures, then I believe its more a dummy warhead what there goes launch as "satellite" then a real satellite.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
North Korea insists it is a purely "peaceful, scientific" mission aimed at placing a polar-orbiting earth observation satellite in orbit.
from orbs post.

Polar-orbiting earth observation satellite = Spy Satellite.... the only difference between the two are the how the data is used, and i would be shocked if North Korea did not use it for military uses.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
from orbs post.

Polar-orbiting earth observation satellite = Spy Satellite.... the only difference between the two are the how the data is used, and i would be shocked if North Korea did not use it for military uses.

What in North Korea is not military? I am pretty sure, even the amusement businesses would be run by military (How does North Korea Amusement look like? Like Finnish Sauna, get beaten with a branch and thrown into ice cold water?)

Still, it is more amusing that the missiles of North Korea often still have Russian markings on them ;)

MattBaker

Reaction score

Well, the Irainian satellites had resolutions of somthing like 200 (400?) meters, so it's actually easier and better to use Google Earth and type in "Marine Corps Base Quantico" if I want a detailed map.

Where were the origins of the Soviet and American spaceflight programs? Where are the origins of North Korea's?

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Launch confirmed over Okinawa !!
North Korea launched at 09:43 AM