Humor Nigerian Astronaut needs YOUR help!

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Folks, am afraid there's some need to re-calibrate irony detectors, preferably in an echoless chamber.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Although usually it's a Nigerian prince that needs your help, not an astronaut, the situation described in the "traditional" scam is just as ridiculous, and yes, people do fall for it.

This particular type of fraud is known as "Spanish Prisoner" and it has been used in various forms since the late 1800s. I've seen it used in a couple of cases though the conperson had used a variety of trickes to win the trust of the victim before pulling it. I guess it's here to stay a loooong time...

Graham2001

Reaction score
I suppose this was inevitable..LOL!

My Dear Friend,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the International Space Station in 2009. He was stranded there in 2011 when the American Space Shuttle was retired. He was supposed to return to earth on the American Space Shuttle Mission STS-135 with his other American crew members, but his place was instead taken up by return cargo. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1893/1

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Wow.You got to be kidding me :facepalm:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Haha nothing else to say.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I should get my dad to talk to this guy. Once he was fooling around with a Nigerian scammer under the name "Ben Bogue".

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Oh that's a good one. If you read the full story it says:
In the year since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight and hazard pay and interest amounting to almost $15,000,000 U.S. American Dollars

STS-135 landed on July 21st so thats about $1.3m in hazard pay a DAY.

I'm in the wrong job and if they have that much cash to burn I'm sure ISA can come up with a workable flight plan.