New Orbiter Beta Released (r.44, Dec 5 2015)

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
One very tiny point:
in the planetarium mode, the markers are not at evaluatin level

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I see: the web page is not avalaible. Error connection timed out.

If the firewall on the computer has been disabled, then likely your router is blocking uncommonly used ports, often businesses and company computer systems block all ports to the internet besides 80 and 443 (maybe a few others too), perhaps your router has been setup like that.

Another solution to try is open internet options under control panel/iexplorer and check to see if you are using a proxy, if so try to remove it.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Issue:
- retract the HUD in the virtual 3D cockpit
- Change view to the glass or 2D cockpit
- Press h (this activtes the HUD in the glass or 2d cockpit)

After going back to the virtual 3D cockpit, the HUD data are projected, but the HUD is still retracted.

So I thing there are 2 possible solutions:

I. it should not be possible to activate the HUD in the 2D cockpit, if the HUD is retracted

II. The HUD in 2d can be displayed with retracted HUD, but after changing the view back to the 3D cockpit, the HUD is still deactivated in this mode.

I prefere solution II, but however, Matrin decides.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's the difference between
GetSurfaceElevation () and
GetAltitude(ALTMODE_GROUND) ?
It seems to give the same result in practice.....

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What's the difference between
GetSurfaceElevation () and
GetAltitude(ALTMODE_GROUND) ?
It seems to give the same result in practice.....

BOOL oapiGetAltitude ( OBJHANDLE hVessel, double * alt )
can be used only if a vessel is at that position.

double oapiSurfaceElevation (OBJHANDLE hPlanet, double lng, double lat)
can give you the elevation of any lng / lat of hPlanet you want.
It Returns the elevation above hPlanets mean radius and can be negative as well, if the elevation is under the mean radius (On Earth this means under "mean sea level")

double VESSEL::GetSurfaceElevation ( ) const
returns the the same as oapiSurfaceElevation but for the vessels location.

double VESSEL::GetAltitude ( ALTMODE_GROUND ) const
returns the distance between vessel and surface (Always positiv as long as Orbiter does not simulate submarines)

Last edited:

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Committed r.28

Small updates, mainly DeltaGlider stuff.

Change log:
  1. DeltaGlider: Rearranged 2D panel layout to closer resemble VC (incomplete). Now includes hover hold controls.
  2. DeltaGlider: Bug fixes to hover hold modes.
  3. DeltaGlider: Fixed inconsistency in VC HUD deployment.
  4. DeltaGlider: further code cleanups

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I see: the web page is not avalaible. Error connection timed out.

Is this your home connection? And all the equipment your own? What Internet Service Provider do you use? Something is blocking that port.

We can actually get around that, by mirroring port 3690 on a port you can reach, but that the server doesn't otherwise need. I'm not in a position to make the change tonight, but meantime you should take a good stock of the devices providing your internet connection which are under your control; one of these is your potential culprit.

As a note, you do not need the port open, or forwarded, or specially routed in any way, unless you are also trying to host an SVN server, and even then it should not interfere with your ability to check out from another one.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Committed r.29 (+ OVP r.39)

Change log:

1. Bug fix: zbias flag for rendering mesh groups was not correctly cleared once set
  2. D3D7 client: zbias flag is now applied to mesh groups during rendering (requires OVP r.39)
  3. Atlantis: z-tearing artefact (blue lines across payload bay doors) fixed (also for 16-bit z-buffers) [issue #827]
  4. CELBODY2: Atmospheric submodules now go through standard Orbiter module registration, and can define an oapi::Module instance in InitModule
  5. and as usual: DeltaGlider: more source restructuring (added DGSubSystemComponent class)

Point 4 should fix this problem. Let me know if it works now.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One highly speculative question: How hard would it be to declare vessels as constantly surface-fixed, so that they are keeping their position relative to the planets surface and are not propagated?

I just fear a launch complex slowly sliding down a slope and since such vessels mostly exist for animations or for coordinating multiple other vessels, it would be a pretty waste of CPU cycles to calculate their motion or even just check if they could be moving. Even if you give them an absurdly high surface friction constant.

They are only moving at geological speeds and as long as Orbiter doesn't simulate geology...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How hard would it be to declare vessels as constantly surface-fixed, so that they are keeping their position relative to the planets surface and are not propagated?

Isn't that technically what the landed state does?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Isn't that technically what the landed state does?

Yes, except that the landed state can change and has to be checked. Also there had been a slow drift of landed spacecraft in past versions of Orbiter at timewarp.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
One highly speculative question: How hard would it be to declare vessels as constantly surface-fixed, so that they are keeping their position relative to the planets surface and are not propagated?

I just fear a launch complex slowly sliding down a slope and since such vessels mostly exist for animations or for coordinating multiple other vessels, it would be a pretty waste of CPU cycles to calculate their motion or even just check if they could be moving. Even if you give them an absurdly high surface friction constant.

They are only moving at geological speeds and as long as Orbiter doesn't simulate geology...

Yes, I've been thinking about a new "ActiveGroundStructure" class as a kind of stripped-down vessel, only allowing animations and docking/attachment. This would also probably require some form of user interface (e.g. a dialog) to control the object (starting animation sequences etc.) To get access to the user interface, I would either need to extend the F3 object selection dialog to include nearby active ground structures, or implement a point and click method to select an object with the mouse.

All definitely in the pipeline, but I would rather prefer to defer this to an update after the next release. I really want to get the code in shape for a release as soon as possible, and any new feature implementations will inevitably push a release back even further.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
All definitely in the pipeline, but I would rather prefer to defer this to an update after the next release. I really want to get the code in shape for a release as soon as possible, and any new feature implementations will inevitable push a release back even further.

It is already good to know that you are seeing the requirement as well. :)

If it would have been an "if(!flag) checklandedstatus();" kind of problem, it might have been small enough to not mess with the release plans, but I see the merits of a clean solution later instead of a QA phase hack.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This would also probably require some form of user interface (e.g. a dialog) to control the object (starting animation sequences etc.)

Personally, I would suggest leaving VC and panel functionality in there... I'm pretty sure people are gonna use them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Personally, I would suggest leaving VC and panel functionality in there... I'm pretty sure people are gonna use them.

Yeah, I am sure that we also have such interfaces somewhere in SSU, aside of the dialog interface.

As I said, I mostly want to tell Orbiter that this vessel will never move relative to its planet. But how this feature is going to be implemented is not my problem. But it would help if it would stay close to existing code.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure that we also have such interfaces somewhere in SSU, aside of the dialog interface.
Actually we don't. The only other ground structure we have aside the the launch pads is the Crawler.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually we don't. The only other ground structure we have aside the the launch pads is the Crawler.

I remember seeing some stuff there in the LC39 and the SLC6 pads, maybe just waiting for implementation.

We also wanted to include the LC39 CCTV camera positions some time during development by VC positions.