Need help with Space Shuttle Ultra

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you forget one, better to know why the master alarm is sounding, and what to do about it.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
If you forget one, better to know why the master alarm is sounding, and what to do about it.

True.. guess I didn't think about that.. but as I said.. knowing what each switch does and figuring out how to fix a master alarm can come after I understand the procedures, if a master alarm happens to sound, I can just restart the simulator, I have schizophrenia so it's hard to memorize certain things, that's why I need to take it one step at a time

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you stick with it, and have patience, you will get it.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score

Oh I know, I just wish they would implement a MFD checklist with flashing indicators, NASSP did it and that rocket has a lot of switches also

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I'd even pay them to do it lol

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, I can understand that.

Switches don't mean a god damned thing when you're in charge of an A-10. It's just sweet, sweet BRRRRRRRRT

Simple to get there. MASTER ARM and then move the switch with "FUN" taped over its original label either to the position "Death From Above" or "One For All".

And always remember: You need to release the trigger, when it feels best. :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I'd even pay them to do it lol

Money isn't our problem. Time is it. You could pay me a million every year, it would only be a minor improvement, because there is a thing called family for me.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My wife would sell me, for half that in cash.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It wasn't meant to be funny. :(

jk

Thorsten

Reaction score
It's always reassuring for me to come across things you just can't buy now and then.:thumbup:

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential, I know you have families and work but I'm sure $400x3+ would be enough to make time for it, that's about $1200 all together to help improve it..

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential, I know you have families and work but I'm sure $400x3+ would be enough to make time for it, that's about $1200 all together to help improve it..

I am afraid this is not the spirit that leads Orbiter's developers. And by the way be careful with what you say: the Doctor might charge you $ 100.000 for O2016 :)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential
I would suggest that you invest your money into your own education (C++ for example) and contribute directly.
That would be a classic win-win situation.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I can't speak for the SSU team, but speaking personally, it completely changes the dynamic whenever users pay a developer for something that was previously created as a hobby. At that point it ceases to be just a hobby, because the developer will then feel obligated to deliver (and support) features going forward on a certain time scale (and, conversely, paying users expect that). But the best part about a hobby is being able to work on it whenever you have time instead of "needing to work on it right now because you've been paid something for it."

TL;DR: It ceases to be "just for fun" once users pay you for it.

Anyway, that's just my perspective on it, other developers' mileage may vary. :)

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I am afraid this is not the spirit that leads Orbiter's developers. And by the way be careful with what you say: the Doctor might charge you $ 100.000 for O2016 :)

Is that a threat? Seriously? All I said was I'm sure people could make time for it :facepalm:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is that a threat? Seriously? All I said was I'm sure people could make time for it :facepalm:
Money/funds isn't an issue (at least not for me). It is the ability to sustain enough interest over a sufficient long time to complete the various things.

This is why I keep jumping from project to project when I grow tired of something. Also, then there's the lack of reference materials (photos, images, documents etc) that sometimes get me. It took me six days just to make the RBUS platform on the new FSS and that's just a small part of the FSS.

Right now we're down to only three developers (me, Urwumpe and GLS), so we don't have enough free time to work on SSU 24/7/365.25.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
hmmm, guess I've been kicked off the team. That's ok, Ive been thrown out of better places.:cheers:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
hmmm, guess I've been kicked off the team. That's ok, Ive been thrown out of better places.:cheers:
Sorry about that. It isn't that I forgot about about you, I just listed the most active developers.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No problem. I'm here more for eye candy.:cheers:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

No threats. Just trying to be a little ironic, but maybe I am not very good at it...

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No problem. I'm here more for eye candy.:cheers:

Now that you have been thrown out of the SSU team, feel free to take a look at the NASSP meshes and launchpads. :lol: