My force vectors disappeared! D:

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
So, I'm making a foray into actually building a .dll file - this a necessity because I'm making such a bloody large ship that RCS thrusters at the 1m radius that Vinka's .dll puts them at have to be so strong that they're better than the main engines at moving the beast. I've checked the setting of my "forces" checkbox, and that's fine - the forces also show up on the DG that's in the scenario, so that's not the problem.

I've scaled the mesh up to its final size as well - though I usually don't for testing, since it's a hassle to deal with increments of 100 in Blender - the ship's gonna be 1200m long, roughly. The forces still aren't showing up. Any insight? :sos:

Not that I couldn't figure it out with math, but it's a lot easier for me to look at the force vectors and say "Oh, okay. Mass is 14GN, give or take" than try to figure it out from the weight value I stick in there. :p

Don't judge me! :sorry:
Besides, it implies a problem with the .dll that I'm probably noticing due to n00bishness. ;)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A tip on the RCS engines: if your vessel is that large, your best bet is to move them to the edges of the superstructure. You'll get a larger moment arm that way and you can decrease their thrust output accordingly. It is also possible that the force vectors are rendered at a certain 'size' and your textures are covering them up... have you taken a look for that? I have no idea if that's possible, but just a thought. :)

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I peeked inside the mesh too, yes. Doesn't seem to be in there. Also, when I do a ship of the same size in Spacecraft3.dll, the vectors are rendered in the correct size. >_<

As for the "moment arm" thing, yeah, that's why I'm writing a .dll file with a minimum of experience with C++ (any of my experience is in C) - although it -was- funny to get 2g of accelleration off the linear thrusters. ^_^

... on the bright side of things, I've got an unplanned day off/vacation day tomorrow, so I have plenty of time to dig into the APIs and see if anything's screwed up. :D

-----Posted Added-----

:fool:

So, I figured out why I fail. Apparently, I made this ship so heavy that the logarithmic scale I use for force vectors made it disappear. I bumped up the scale slider, and they reappeared. >_<

Just so you know. :p