Multiplayer Lite

OHM Multiplayer Lite 0.3

EarthMoon

The Earth and the Moon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He, His, Him or You, Your, Yours
This .dll doesn't crash! (But when I join a scenario with it enabled, I don't appear in http://159.89.189.73:3001/)

I stayed in a scenario for ca. 100 seconds (in the sceenshot it shows 157s because I shortly time-warped while liftoff) without having any trouble, error or CTD. Also the orbiter.log does not show anything related to multiplayer-lite.dll (except that it loads the .dll and the oapiRegisterMFDMode deprecation)

Attachments

• nocrash.png
    nocrash.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 8

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
This .dll doesn't crash! (But when I join a scenario with it enabled, I don't appear in http://159.89.189.73:3001/)

I stayed in a scenario for ca. 100 seconds (in the sceenshot it shows 157s because I shortly time-warped while liftoff) without having any trouble, error or CTD. Also the orbiter.log does not show anything related to multiplayer-lite.dll (except that it loads the .dll and the oapiRegisterMFDMode deprecation)

TY! I added error handling to the above dll.... It seems you are having trouble connecting. Do you happen to have any firewalls blocking outbound traffic? I can add the normal HTTP based signaling as fallback.

EarthMoon

The Earth and the Moon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
No, my firewall seems to allow every program to connect with the internet (my browser, some other downloadable games, some apps with update checking, even my OS update checking). But I think HTTP(S) could work (because loading HTTP(S) websites in the browser and multiplayer-lite v0.1 work too). You could post it as v0.2a or v0.3 to the other versions in the orbiter addon page (for anyone else who has the same problem)

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
No, my firewall seems to allow every program to connect with the internet (my browser, some other downloadable games, some apps with update checking, even my OS update checking). But I think HTTP(S) could work (because loading HTTP(S) websites in the browser and multiplayer-lite v0.1 work too). You could post it as v0.2a or v0.3 to the other versions in the orbiter addon page (for anyone else who has the same problem)

Would you be able to create an exception for orbiter.exe in whatever firewall you are using? Could help others potentially running into similar issue. At any rate, I'll update the client to fallback on http in case websocket connection fails. Thanks for all your help on this.

EarthMoon

The Earth and the Moon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Actually, it looks like I don't have a firewall (but I'm not sure; at least I cannot see one in my system; as nothing blocks internet connections, I did not/don't know whether I have one (which allows everything) or not, and there are easier solutions than looking through my settings for hours, e.g. HTTP)

jameswebb

Reaction score
so we tried this thing out and saw some issues. this is us docked. also when docked we cant eva anybody out of the ship or into a ship. we tried with xr1 also. shift-p to sync time on both ends. we then tried to dock with each other ie he would dock with me then i with him same issues. is docking not possible? i mean it is docked but in a very weird way as you can see in the pic. but the eva dont see it as docked. it kind of looks like it is docking at the 3dmodel transition point or center of model. if i remember correctly we had this same issue with OMP. notice where the marker "XR2-01"is in the top down pic and where the docking occurs in the second pic. its docked right at its markerScreenshot 2024-04-21 185612.png1713742655523.png

Last edited:

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
so we tried this thing out and saw some issues. this is us docked. also when docked we cant eva anybody out of the ship or into a ship. we tried with xr1 also. shift-p to sync time on both ends. we then tried to dock with each other ie he would dock with me then i with him same issues. is docking not possible? i mean it is docked but in a very weird way as you can see in the pic. but the eva dont see it as docked. it kind of looks like it is docking at the 3dmodel transition point or center of model View attachment 37892View attachment 37891
THat's an interesting result. Docking DOES work, and it is NOT usually glitchy like that. Are you both definitely running the release version of Orbiter2016 (2016828)?

jameswebb

Reaction score
THat's an interesting result. Docking DOES work, and it is NOT usually glitchy like that. Are you both definitely running the release version of Orbiter2016 (2016828)?
i edited my post again in case you havent seen latest. but yes this is the public release version of orbiter2016. no github checkout or anything

jameswebb

Reaction score
i believe this issue is just for the xr vessels. pretty sure we had this same issue in OMP

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
i believe this issue is just for the xr vessels. pretty sure we had this same issue in OMP
That's why OMP later on supported a blacklist to not share the XR2_Bay vessel. I remember that this fixed the issue.