Gaming Minecraft

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
w8rw36.png

That is a map of mine and FSXHD's current world. You can see the pyramid in the wider section, along with a few other structures. The dwarrowdelf/moria will be located just south/south west of the pyramid. We rarely visit even half of that land, so the only reason it shows up on the map is because I went on an expedition out there.

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
Minecraft is inversely proportional to one's grade point average.

Hence, I love it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How did you get that image Fireballs? Look like a handy way to overview a world. :)

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Looks like he used cartograph to me, might be one of the other renderers though, I think there's a list on minecraftforum.net

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
What exactly is so special about this game? It looks like a 3-D game played on MS-DOS...

(Really, really late edit): I was (more) stupid back then, disregard that comment please. I actually love Minecraft now, so don't be offended :)

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What exactly is so special about this game? It looks like a 3-D game played on MS-DOS...
Except that it's a much more resource-consuming and ambitious. Maybe the core of it could run on DOS-era computers (especially if rewritten into something faster than java), but don't be fooled by pixelated graphics.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

It's simple, and allows much freedom.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

The same could have been said about Orbiter, not that long ago...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Inspired by that pyramid, a few hours ago I decided to build...a pyramid.

goldenpyramidii.png

Yes, I cheated on the gold, because it would have taken several days of continuous play to get enough of it. Mining obsidian is just out of the question.

Otherwise...it's not big enough. And the inside isn't finished. I'm planning on the floor being an inverted pyramid of the same size, lined with probably iron (tons of that sitting around without cheating :p) and with a glass pillar full of magma going from the lowest to the highest point. Also a small town around the perimeter inside the wall would be nice... :hmm:

Oh, and ignore the burning countryside. I definitely did not burn down 20 acres of forest to make this... :shifty:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I suppose I might as well post a picture of my latest projects. Here we have my Avatar-ish treehouse, and my personal cruise liner (still under construction)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I suppose I might as well post a picture of my latest projects. Here we have my Avatar-ish treehouse, and my personal cruise liner (still under construction)
But then, if you want to go sailing, you must get down out of your ship and hop in a little cube... >.>

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Some random pictures I had on hand of a genuine shelter (IE start with nothing, difficulty maximum, no cheating.) Took about three days and goes extensively underground. The giant building is a farm.

underhilliii1.png

underhilliii2.png

underhilliii3.png

underhilliii4.png

I'd post pictures of the 'main complex' in that world, but it's a 30-minutes walk from where I am now. (Yes, the world is that big.) :p

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'm starting to make some nice developments on the Artemis Islands. Here we have Bartolomeo's Castle, part of the monorail system, and, uh, a cow.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 20

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone play this game for the thrill of staying alive? Or is that too easy? :lol:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone play this game for the thrill of staying alive? Or is that too easy? :lol:

Once you have a good shelter, it is much to easy. It is possible to go days without leaving your shelter, if you mine under ground.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I always play on peaceful, now I know what some of you are thinking "What's wrong? Enemies to hard for you?" No, personally for me Minecraft is about construction rather than survival, which is why I run my server without hostile mobs and with item spawning allowed, right now I am working on a fleet of airship, sci-fi thingies, I'll try post some pictures of the only one completed so far, Prometheus, soon. :)

Edit: Still waiting for a release of the Kinect hack. :p

Edit2:
A nice night-time shot of the Prometheus from a stack of cobblestone on a tree. :p

A look at the very empty bridge from the outside.

The Dedication Plaque reads "Prometheus MC-93451" (In case you can't read it on the image) and a hole in the bridge is useful for pushing disobedient bridge officers out of.

A nice view outside the port windows.

The Garbage Chute, more space to shove bridge officers and useless redshirts to their demise. ;)

Warp Engines? I plan on changing the lightstone to blue cloth.

Next project: Much bigger ship, more ships
Future Project: 1:1 (!) Scale Warbird perhaps? ;)

Edit3: Anybody else think this thread needs a (PIC HEAVY) warning in the title?

Last edited:

chobolatom

XR2 ESA Virtual Pilot
Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
I've been on a break from Minecraft lately, and with 1.8 out that will probably continue. It will be weeks before all the worthwhile mods catch up.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just hope that the Creative mode is more stable than it was in the pre-release. :lol:
Seems so. All sorts of graphical bugs with the new lighting system, though. Also the program runs too slowly now to have much fun with on this machine. Oh well. :(