Gaming Minecraft

Pablo49

Reaction score
Seems so. All sorts of graphical bugs with the new lighting system, though. Also the program runs too slowly now to have much fun with on this machine. Oh well. :(

I have performance problems with prerelease 1 and 2. 1 was especially hard on my 2 gb RAM with that memory leak. And 2 would like to drop framerates real hard, even locking up occasional at random times. Luckily the full 1.8 release runs pretty well, though.

ganlhi

Reaction score
Hi there !

I'm also a Minecraft addict, always playing peaceful and... industrial ! I'm a big fan of a pair of incredible mods : Buildcraft and Industrial Craft. Do you know them ?

Since last week, I also use an alchemy mod (Equivalent Exchange), which let you make transmutation of items (e.g. 4 gold -> 1 diamond). Combining this mod with Automatic Crafting Table from Buildcraft let you create very interresting automatic machines, like my coal generator.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

here are some new minecraft states, I would like to know what you think about tat all.
MAPS
One is my actual state, one is the actual state of the challenge I'm working at and one is a mega-object-warf. (read readme, please).
Has anyxyone got moree ideas what I could build there (ideas I have already: Vostok Spac-Shuttle, Appollo, AR18, DGIV, etc.., A380, Titanic.

greetings:tiphat:, HAL9001

Ark

Reaction score
Somebody should build a real-scale VAB.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You will need to mod minecraft though. The VAB is 160.3m high whilst minecraft per default is only 128m...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
You will need to mod minecraft though. The VAB is 160.3m high whilst minecraft per default is only 128m...
I think this puts it into perspective even better than actually going to the real VAB!

ganlhi

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the height limit has been set to 512 blocks in the 1.8 version.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the height limit has been set to 512 blocks in the 1.8 version.
Nope--it was being considered and they made a prototype but it didn't get included in 1.8.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Changelog states that the limit is now only set by one variable, and thus is easier to mod. Not sure what that variable is, though...:hmm:

Pablo49

Reaction score
Pictured: How to properly play Minecraft.

XOoEz.png

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
for everyone wo wants to play with us in my and since one day also Stevodorans minecraft world:
hamchi-network: HAL9001's network
password: wordpass
IP: 5.32.126.217
note: we work together as one team, s you can freely take things and make you an own chest and bed in my house - but just one thing: since I don't want to have the server crowded: only make a chest, take things, etc... when you really want to join the server and the team for a longer time - if you onlly want to visit for a hort time: please don't steal/grief.
the Server will be on most the time, but since it's my privat computer it will sometimes be down:
at night (German timezone)
at schooltime
when I have to switch my computer of
wen I run a program witch doesn't like other programs in the background
for maintanance
or for other reasons - at all it should be on around 3/4 of the time at weekends/ free days and "only" 1/4 of the time at schooldays...

greetings:tiphat:, HAL9001