mesh too big in orbiter

SpaceNut

Reaction score
Ok, it's been a LONG time... and I forget, but a mesh I'm making in anim8or is coming out way huge in orbiter. What's the trick? The obvious one of sizing it down in anim8or isn't working, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

-----Post Added 4/8/2008 at 11 : 18 : 21-----

Duh, sizing it in Anim8or DID work.. found it :) While I've got you reading, does anyone know of a way to size something so that it is properly scaled 'in world', so that 1 meter = 1 meter or such?

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
What are you using to convert to .msh?

Mesh Maker (3ds2msh) and Mesh Wizard both provide scaling options that will let you scale down.

(Edit)
Anim8or does this. I use 1 unit in Anim8or to represent 1 meter.

SpaceNut

Reaction score
What are you using to convert to .msh?

Mesh Maker (3ds2msh) and Mesh Wizard both provide scaling options that will let you scale down.

Oh, that's right, see, it's just been so long... I'm using 3ds2Msh, just downloaded Mesh Wizard, but haven't played with it much yet. Used 3ds2Msh way back when, and just re-obtained it since I had used it before.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If you convert your Anim8or file to an Orbiter mesh, you can also use the Ship Edit tool from the OrbiterSDK Utility folder as it will give you the ship size in meters on all three axis as well. Personaly, I prefer OMW to do any mesh work and then save it as An8 to look at it and see if I need to make any changes.

I know it's backwards from the way most do it but it's just easier for me.