Bug [Merged 3 - OHM download bugs] More OOOPS

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What about writing this in your thread subject and maybe posting this in the forum support section, so somebody of the forum team notices it? This is clearly not a problem with the add-on, don't you agree?

Reactions: STS

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It makes enough sense in context, 'tis a known issue. I'm moving house currently - I hope to have more time to look into it at some point in the near future, but Real Life continues to be extremely busy, unfortunately, which has been keeping me away from this.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Did not want to appear uncourteous, just wanted to report briefly, without tumtum, as a prerequisite add-on it is relatively important?
Appreciate your efforts, RL comes first, wishing you all the best, "bread & salt" for your new home!:)

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Did not want to appear uncourteous, just wanted to report briefly, without tumtum, as a prerequisite add-on it is relatively important?
Appreciate your efforts, RL comes first, wishing you all the best, "bread & salt" for your new home!:)

Have you tried downloading from here?

I think the OHM link redirects might have issues sometimes. But above seems to download fine for me.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Hey that one works, what's the difference? The other one(?) comes up first in Search.
But I can post this one in my thread, thanks! (how did you find it?

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Hey that one works, what's the difference? The other one(?) comes up first in Search.
But I can post this one in my thread, thanks! (how did you find it?

The difference is that the link you posted has a download link that points to this URL: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7082
There is a redirect in place mapping old OHM urls like you see above to their counterparts in the OF resource section. That mapping sometimes breaks as per this thread and another one I saw. You can still access those addons through the OF resource section without issue.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

Nah, it's an annoying problem, I'm aware. The error message is the catch-all kind, too - there's a number of root causes, so the fix for it is going to be multi-faceted as well. Bread and salt?
The difference is that the link you posted has a download link that points to this URL: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7082
There is a redirect in place mapping old OHM urls like you see above to their counterparts in the OF resource section. That mapping sometimes breaks as per this thread and another one I saw. You can still access those addons through the OF resource section without issue.
Yeah, the migration tool I wrote has some pretty iffy blind spots. A lot of the time the fix is "dig back through the two old OHM databases and cobble together the data the tool should've put in the new database for this", which is a bit frustrating.

When I start looking at it more emphatically, I'll put some updates out about what I've fixed, why, and how - there've been no updates on it yet because there's been no work on it 😅

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
As long as one link works that one can post directions to, and the issue is known, it's more of an annoyance than a problem, and so at least partially solved.

Bread & salt is an old german tradition of bringing a gift of bread & salt for a new home owner as a symbol of luck. Wishing you again all the best:)
(normally it only takes about 6 months before one has settled in;))

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
As long as one link works that one can post directions to, and the issue is known, it's more of an annoyance than a problem, and so at least partially solved.

Bread & salt is an old german tradition of bringing a gift of bread & salt for a new home owner as a symbol of luck. Wishing you again all the best:)
(normally it only takes about 6 months before one has settled in;))

Ah, I see. I think it took about two years to settle in last time I moved, but I did move mid-COVID so that might be why. Fingers crossed for six months!

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
And are you able to download it? The link works for me too, but I'm getting an error when I'm trying to download it.

SpaceMarineXI

Reaction score
This problem is same one I experienced when trying to download the addon's you specified above... The problem also exists with other addons.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for checking:)
The download link has been down for a while. As it has been requested several times recently I was hoping for an update from Admin on the current situation and if it's repairable.
I have the file and can pm it to Admin if this helps resolve the issue.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
S'broken, yeah.

I haven't looked at this one specifically but as a rule, this isn't about a file being missing generally - sometimes this error happens because the addon was just an external link when it was uploaded to orbithangar, and that hasn't translated well in the various migrations we've done since those days.

I do need to devote some time to fixing this and the other issue around addons with multiple files, it's just been difficult to find the time to do so.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
No problem, just wanted to know the current status, did not wish to invoke undue pressure.
AFAIK it's only a few, so in this case I suggest I pm it to the first request I answered and everyone plays "pass the parcel"
I think Oldsalter gets the honours