OHM M2 Lifting Bodies v1.02

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: sputnik

The M2 series, along with the HL-10 and the X-24A, was one of the famous lifting-body testbeds of the mid-late 1960's.
The M2-F1 was the first, proving the concept as simply as possible with a plywood frame and a tow vehicle. At first, the tow vehicle was a hot-rodded car.  Later, the M2-F1 graduated to being towed behind a C-47 (a DC-3).
The M2-F2 was a heavier-weight rocket-powered testbed, built to be dropped by the NASA NB-52.
Roll instability led to a crash of the M2-F2; by adding a center fin, the instability was mostly cured, and the rebuilt craft was called the M2-F3.

You will need Project X-15's B-52 and Edwar ds AFB to run almost any of the scenarios.
You will need Tether MFD to run the M2-F1 scenarios.
In order to bail out from the M2's, you'll need the MOOSE add-on contained within my Dyna- Soar v1.3 (or later) add-on. 

DOWNLOAD

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
This looks fantastic! How long have you been working on it, Sputnik?

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
Off and on, for a while, I guess. Not a lot of coding time, really, but a lot in terms of months that've passed.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cool! Now I can recreate one of the coolest TV show intros:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc"]YouTube- The Six Million Dollar Man TV Intro[/nomedia]

Provided the M2F2 model includes the roll stability problem...

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
Shoot. Needed to post an update. Hitting "J" was causing a CTD in the lifting bodies. You don't ever need to hit "J", but still. A simple oversight on my part; sorry about that.

Starshipexplorer

Reaction score
Hi Sputnik. This post is alittle late responding...got snowbound for a few days...oops. Still playing around with this, but wanted to say ...thanks! The '57 Chevy and the DC3 are sweet! Thanks again:)

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Heads up that this was updated.

I assume it relates to re-release of tether MFD?

8bitgamer13

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using Orbiter 2010 100830, and regardless of whether I use "MouseClickSeparate" or "Ctrl-DSeparate", the M2F2/M2F3 will not separate from its carrier, the B-52. I am being very careful to make sure that I am not using both modules at the same time, so I don't know what the problem could be. For some reason, it worked fine with the X-20 Dyna-Soar. Moreover, any of the scenarios involving the DC-3 cause orbiter to crash. Could you please tell me what the problem might be, or make an update to fix this?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not sure if tetherMFD works with Orbiter 2010.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure if tetherMFD works with Orbiter 2010.

I tried teather MFD with my my shuttle teathered Sat mission it works but is a nightmare couldn't get it to act like a solid cable more like a rubber band decided to use an extremely long translate in a spacecraft ini but did like the teather idea as it can be cut like the real thing maybe I was doing something wrong

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
There was an update to both this and Tether MFD for Orbiter 2010 at the start of last year. I don't have this add-on installed, but I love tether MFD and can confirm that it works in Orbiter 2010.

Have you tried to hit "j"?

8bitgamer13

Reaction score
Nope...

TetherMFD works fine, although every scenario involving the DC-3 causes Orbiter to crash. I think it hates the DC-3 for some reason. I wonder why...
Just as a reminder, I'm using Orbiter 2010 P1 100830.

8bitgamer13

Reaction score
TetherMFD works fine, it just seems to CTD whenever I open a scenario involving the DC-3. I wonder what the problem could be...?