Lou Reed

E

ex-orbinaut

Thanking you for this post is a bit inappropriate, but thank you for the news. Only yesterday I was playing one of his songs on the guitar.

RIP.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Thanking is not at all inappropriate. Mr. Reed had a great run and has done more in his life than many of us can ever hope to.

Good luck Lou: grab a blonde angel and Take a Walk on the Wild Side!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If it's too wild he may wind up on the "Dirty Boulevard".
RIP Lou Reed.

tomthenose

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
RIP Lou Reed, made some of the most awesome rock music there's ever been

not sure he ever hit a note his whole life but what a voice!

fort

Reaction score
The best live intro in the whole history of Rock & Roll:

I heard this very often in the years 75/80 and I still have the same pleasure to hear it again. I read in the press that the musicians with whom he plays are the same people who created "Your welcome to my nightmare" with Alice Cooper, that I listened a lot too. At the beginning of Sweet Jane, it seems that there are some melodic accents that would make think to some sounds of Carlos Santana, for example. But, and although it is a reflection a posteriori, it seems to me that the relationship between Sweet Jane here, and some songs/sounds from the album of Alice Cooper is visible/audible.

And,yes, from my point of view also, that intro, it's something !

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wasn't a big fan of his music, but I always a fan of the "idea" of the Velvet Underground and the whole subversive scene around it, along with Warhol.

His project with Metallica was hard for Metallica fans to take, but if you approached it as a Lou Reed project with Metallica as a backing band it starts to make sense, and I imagine it will have quite the cult following in the years to come.

When I saw this thread yesterday, I held off on commenting because of the rumors that it was an internet hoax. Basically a "hoax hoax". Sounds like the kind of thing Lou might have been amused by.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I'm so sorry to hear bout Lou Reed.

Cheers,
Vincent