Hardware Logitec G940 and Flybywire, rudder pedal problem.

Sabrehawk

Reaction score
Well I did my searches, but unfortunately little to nothing on this particular joystick. only mentioned in another thread on the Saitek X65F.
Now I did find a similar issue with Flybywire and the X52 pedals, but their soloutions dont seem to apply to mine. As I've checked the name the controller has in the file "ProfileStandard" in the "Current" folder inside FBW's folder and the name reads right, and no space at the end, and in fact the whole rudder section is as follows:
[Rudder]
Primary.Conversion.Type=standard
Primary.Conversion.Func=0.00000,0.00000;1.00000,1.00000
Primary.Conversion.Inverted=0
Primary.Conversion.MirrorFuncXY=0
Primary.Conversion.LowerDeadzone=-1.00
Primary.Conversion.UpperDeadzone=-1.00
Primary.Conversion.LowerCenterDeadzone=-1.00
Primary.Conversion.UpperCenterDeadzone=-1.00
Primary.Input.Device=[Logitech G940 Pedals]
Primary.Input.InputType=axis
Primary.Input.InputNumber=2

So as I see all looks according to hoyle, yet still even though the axis's graph shows there along with the two toebrake axises and shows at rest in the center of the range as it should. It does not respond to pedal movement. The two toebrake axises respond to movements of the pedal's braking movement. Just not the main rudder axis.:huh:
Lastly I wish to thank Redbourne for the creation of this, cause heck without it at least I would even have the throttle unit working in orbiter but I do now.
However im down to just getting the pedals working now, and im hoping a soloution exists. The G940 is an excellent FCS, and I've been using it in FSX for a year now and I love it, the split throttle a big plus for twin engined craft.
But thanks so much again Oliver.........your works are appreciated! :thumbup:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
I got the same problem. Until I've read your post here, I expected to be the only one with it because I haven't found anything too.

Sabrehawk

Reaction score
Hi Richy, well hopefully a soloution will come along, but yes the weird thing is how FBW seemes to see the axis or else it wouldn't display the graph for it.
Hehe, stupidly I kept pumping the pedals hoping it'd start responding, it's a human thing............:lol:
I had just discovered FBW last week having done some searches here, and found info on it.
Was quite happy to get the throttle unit working in Orbiter, then got around to the rudder and wham, shut down again.
So of course, atmospheric flight is a no no for me right now, and as a workaround to get RCS yaw control onto something I mapped it to the left/ right of the lower hat switch on the throttle. The hover thrusters I have on the rotary under the left middle finger on the throttle unit, and the retro thrusters on the thumb rotary. And I'll be mapping a lot more things too but for now the rudder getting onto the pedals is the priority.