Left 4 Dead

Cobalt

Reaction score
Am I the only one playing this awesome, unbridled undead slaughtering game?

It's just so much fun, plain and simple. The co-op is great, the versus mode is stellar, one of the best games to come out in a while. The fact that it's never the same twice, even if you played the same level on the same difficulty for an hour makes it awesome. You always have to watch your back, taking care to not get taken out by some of the special zombies...

Just try the demo, it's hard to explain.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Argh, I just bought the Valve complete pack in June! Somehow, I doubt I'm going to purchase this before the price drops.

Maybe when I go to Uni, and get a actually semi-decent computer.

Back to the topic. I've read stuff about it, it looks quite awesome! Tell me this: Does it force co-op, or is there some sort of way you can play your way through the campaign single-handed? Not physically single-handed, ie, playing after the amputation of one of your hands, but by one's self?

On a side note, I read somewhere that someone made a bunch of TF2 maps into Left 4 Dead maps, and actually did it quite well... that would be interesting to do.

Cobalt

Reaction score
Yeah, you can play on your own, the other people will just be AI controlled. They're not too shabby, they'll help you up and heal you if they have the items.

Problem is it means you're always on point, but meh. Trust me, you'll end up liking co-op. For the most part, I've been paired up with teamwork-oriented people who really want to survive and help out. It's been fun!

Master of Blades

Reaction score
I've heard of it... Seems allright, all my mates are praising it like it's the second coming of christ... I'm not too fond of Valve games in general, or the Source engine for that matter...