OHM LC39A+B for ShuttleFLeet HD

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Frame rate

Donamy, I get about 12 FPS in normal Orbiter but in D3D9 get around 35,
I have a Hp Pavilion 23 with Nvidz graphics board.
As launch is normally on Auto pilot low frame rate isn't as important as when trying to dock I think if it goes under 12 FPS it starts to look bad.

Windsurfer

Reaction score
Congratulation to David

Congratualation David!
Your current work is wonderful as usual!
Many thanks for all your addons and effort and contribution to make Orbiter more fantastic one as it is!:tiphat::thumbup:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have this wierd thing (STS-1): part of the launch pad structure (a railer) surrounds the shuttle nose... anybody having the same issue?

STS-1.jpg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have this wierd thing (STS-1): part of the launch pad structure (a railer) surrounds the shuttle nose... anybody having the same issue?

View attachment 15002
That's the handrails on the roof the FRCS Room of the RSS. I guess it got left out in the RSS rotation animation.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Donamy, I get about 12 FPS in normal Orbiter but in D3D9 get around 35,
I have a Hp Pavilion 23 with Nvidz graphics board.
As launch is normally on Auto pilot low frame rate isn't as important as when trying to dock I think if it goes under 12 FPS it starts to look bad.
Running it at 1920x1440 120Hz G-synch with no issues with both pads. GPU is a MSI/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. At no point does the frame rate go below the G-Synch-locked 120.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
yeah guys sorry about that I had a load of meshes to sort out and missed that hand rail with the 1981 Launch pad if you up load the latest update I had it fixed after I noticed it, when I changed any thing in one mesh I had to change it 5 different times I need to do another update one of the scenarios has a CTD I missed big sorry Alcohol and Orbiter don't mix:cheers:

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Running it at 1920x1440 120Hz G-synch with no issues with both pads. GPU is a MSI/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. At no point does the frame rate go below the G-Synch-locked 120.[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave I have the Nvidia 710 but I've changed settings and it doesn't seem to make a difference I'm wondering if it working correctly

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi Dave I have the Nvidia 710 but I've changed settings and it doesn't seem to make a difference I'm wondering if it working correctly
The 710 is an old and obsolete GPU. The 900 series is much more recent as we only in May got the 10 series. This is the official specs for the 970: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-970/specifications

while this is the official specs for the 710: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-710/specifications

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
yeah guys sorry about that I had a load of meshes to sort out and missed that hand rail with the 1981 Launch pad if you up load the latest update I had it fixed after I noticed it, when I changed any thing in one mesh I had to change it 5 different times I need to do another update one of the scenarios has a CTD I missed big sorry Alcohol and Orbiter don't mix

I noticed this aswel (at least in my scenario) related to STS-135: Atlantis and Endeavour are both sitting on LC-39A

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I noticed this aswel (at least in my scenario) related to STS-135: Atlantis and Endeavour are both sitting on LC-39A

STS-135 was a mistake it was included by mistake it should be STS-125 I'll be putting up another Update tomorrow with an other Launch Pad
for the Ares LC39B

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
Found In Another Forum: Please Disregard.

[SOLVED]
Not meaning to sound like a berkish newbie, but it's been YEARS since I've had a functional install of the shuttle fleet on my PC. (Or Orbiter for that matter)
I'm wondering if there's a list of comprehensive instructions on how to make it all go...
I have everything working except a visible pad and AutoFCS. (The latter being far more important to me)
Thanks in advance for any help!
[/SOLVED]

Last edited:

Marg

Reaction score
Haven't posted anything for a while... Now I tested these pads (1981 for now), really great looking meshes. Some thoughts
1) Are pad perimeter "pedestal" meshes necessary? I mean "ground" underneath the whole LP territory. Because ground resolution is now almost sufficient AND also (deflected) smoke during liftoff in current Orbiter version is not rendered below the ground anymore. Earlier this was a solution, because mesh prevented smoke rendering below the ground (if you looked at launch from within pad perimeter).
Bad thing is also the fact that d3d9 client does not apply distance fog on vessels, so these "pad territory" meshes are clearly visible from afar. Launch structures themselves would not be so visible.
But it is just observation. I am not sure it is something wrong... maybe it is the right way.
2) There is some deflection smoke coming after countdown ends. But I understand that it is hardcoded (by thornton?). Earlier it was nice effect, but now with a multistage2015, when "my" shuttles are capable for creating launch deflection smokes themselves, seems obsolete.
Oops, I figured out TIMER values (most of them)...

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Has the 1981 hand rail meshes problem been sorted out yet?no hurry,I was just wondering if,I should download it again to fix the errors.Thanks

Marg

Reaction score
I think so, I downloaded the package a week ago and looked again in my sts-1 scenario - no signs of RSS "elements" near Columbia.

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Umm, a small question. Is there any way I can use these launch pad meshes in the Canaveral base in Orbiter 2016? Which are the meshes to be used for replacing the default vanilla launch pads in orbiter 2016 canaveral? I just want the 2 LCA 39A and B pads in the configuration for shuttle launches. Nothing more. No spacecraft vessels. What are the changes to be made to canaveral.cfg?

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi sorry folks taken a slight break for a short while as I've been on this for 6 months and a bit burnt out but rest assured will be back shortly working on update for the Ares launches from LC39B.
as for Orbiter 2016 have no idea about it as its no good for me as there's no Shuttlefleet for it
will sort every problem out ASAP
David

Marg

Reaction score
Umm, a small question. Is there any way I can use these launch pad meshes in the Canaveral base in Orbiter 2016? Which are the meshes to be used for replacing the default vanilla launch pads in orbiter 2016 canaveral? I just want the 2 LCA 39A and B pads in the configuration for shuttle launches. Nothing more. No spacecraft vessels. What are the changes to be made to canaveral.cfg?
I think there are such entries in Canaveral.cfg (I don't remember did already modify them or no):
Code:
MESH ; Pad 39B
    FILE KLC39B
    POS -4759.2 0 3001
    ROT 0
    SHADOW
    OWNMATERIAL
    PRELOAD
END
MESH ; Pad 39B ground textures
    FILE KLC39Bground
    POS -4759.2 0 3001
    ROT 0
    UNDERSHADOWS
    OWNMATERIAL
    PRELOAD
END
MESH ; Pad 39A
    FILE KLC39B
    POS -2659 0 4635
    ROT 0
    SHADOW
    OWNMATERIAL
    PRELOAD
END
MESH ; Pad 39A ground textures
    FILE KLC39Bground
    POS -2659 0 4635
    ROT 0
    UNDERSHADOWS
    OWNMATERIAL
    PRELOAD
END
So see those "FILE xxxx" entries. Place instead of the xxxxx : "ISSR\STSpad39A" or something like this. but I am not sure about initial animation positions of crew access arms or so, as animation will not work, of course.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. A bare pad for SLS would be nice. I have been working on one. Then get a crawler on climb it.

Zach121k

Reaction score
I want to point out that the Ares 1X does a complete flip after launch and crashes into 39A

Attachments

• AresFlip.png
    AresFlip.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I want to point out that the Ares 1X does a complete flip after launch and crashes into 39A
I'm not surprised. Ares-1X is really just a simple adaptation of what SSU was at the time. It certainly wasn't designed to work either the 2010 or 2016 versions of Orbiter. So the fact that it actually loads without crashing and resulting in an invisible non-functioning vessel is surprising in itself.

Zach121k

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Ares-1X is really just a simple adaptation of what SSU was at the time. It certainly wasn't designed to work either the 2010 or 2016 versions of Orbiter. So the fact that it actually loads without crashing and resulting in an invisible non-functioning vessel is surprising in itself.

Another thing, Any reason why all my KSC ground textures are white and there's no stock launchpad anymore in stock shuttle? Changing Canaveral back to old now just gives me two overlaid pads.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I love these pads a lot. The detail is very nice. I love how you've modeled the pad cameras as well as the escape baskets and zip-lines. I really look forward to seeing what Shuttle Fleet add-ons you develop in the future and I really appreciate all the hard work that you do keeping the old Shuttle Fleet flying.

Last edited: