Request Kulch's addons recompiled for Orbiter 2016

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
...and maybe in addition to technical difficulties, Polyus did not achieve orbit because it was difficult to maneuver (?)

...from the old addon CCCPCOMBI by dinghao
Polyus didn't reach orbit because the attitude control was confused. They had to launch it upside down and then it had to make a 180 degree pitch to fire its orbital insertion motor. They forgot to tell the Polyus' onboard control system that it was being launched backwards, so once it finished pitching 180 degrees, it thought it was flying backwards, so it pitched another 180 degrees before firing its orbital insertion motor. Deorbit was quite quick. Again, not testing your attitude control software in an actual mission simulation before launch. Same problem the 1st Ariane 5 launch had.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I stand corrected! So Buran lifted-off in the early morning instead of night :salute:
Yes it did, because it landed 2 orbits later (+/-3h), in daylight, not far from the launch pad.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Shuttle Fleet and Buran V4.8 work in O2016 but cannot take off. via scn editing use Buran as payload
Is the landing of Shuttle Fleet and Buran worked in 2016? I thought they will be quicksanding on the runway after landing.
dialog UMMU 2.0 fix
put in a separate folder "orbiter.exe" and "Orbiter_ng.exe" install to this folder Ummu
Two files needed
Modules\Ummu.dll
Meshes\Ummu\ver.dtf
the system assumes that ummu is installed
(temporary measure pending release UMMU O2016)
Can you publish the dummy UMMU in this forum? Because users like me use Windows 7 and cannot always be able to edit the extension.

Last edited:

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Shuttle Fleet and Buran rather not working than working in 02016 we'll hope "Buria" "Buran" "Baikal" will appear after release STS 2016 (gattispilot) ;)

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Can you publish the dummy UMMU in this forum? Because users like me use Windows 7 and cannot always be able to edit the extension.
It's still the 2010 module of the UMMU...you can just place the dll only on the "Modules" folder....Orbiter will think UMMU is installed and the dialog box will disappear below the screen

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Oh...I converted Polyus into VesselBuilder....not quite ready yet, having trouble with the RCS

It's been fascinating when I found out it actually has 3 fairings! Two on top and one on the bottom covering its antenna

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thank you Kulch. Now if we could only get Artlav to update his UAP. :hailprobe:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
DeltaTug is s longtime favorite of mine. Definitely a must-have for more realistic deltaglider operations.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Congratulations @kulch. I really like your add-ons a lot, the ones I like and miss the most are the SpaceElevator, and the glorious TX spaceplane. In addition to the super handy UniversalCargoDeck that I use to attach small spaceplanes (like the DeltaGlider) to larger ones (like the TX or Moach's G42-200).
:cheers: