Software Joystick not working with Orbiter_NG

DanishOrbinaut

Almost on advanced level
Reaction score
Hello all Orbinauts! :tiphat:

This might have been questioned before, but I wasn't able to find a good answer, so I thought I will post my specific problem.
My joystick is a Logitech Attack 3, and back when I used the standard non-NG launcher, I used to assign the buttons on it to the keyboard keys with the Logitech Gaming Software. Worked like a charm. However, it dosent work now with the Orbiter_NG. I have tried both FlyByWire and Joy2Key as alternatives.

FlyByWire: It doesn't allow me to define custom buttons. Only the controls that is listed on the left of it. Plus, it sometimes make my vessel move, even though I haven't touched the engine controls at all. :thumbsdown:

Joy2Key: Just didn't work. Don't know why.
Any settings I might have missed?
I am using Windows 8.1, btw.

Regards,

DanishOrbinaut

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Joy2Key 3.7.4 works fine for me in Windows 8.1. If you run Notepad and press some buttons do you see the mapped letters appear?

DanishOrbinaut

Almost on advanced level
Reaction score
Never mind, dbeachy.

I didn't assign my Logitech to Joystick1 under Configure Joysticks.;)
I did that, and now as I move the stick and press some buttons, the fields turn yellow.

I declare this problem solved, except that the fire button(Button 1) doesn't work. Even though I assigned NUMPAD5 to it, the computer thinks it is F8. It doesn't neither turn yellow in Joy2Key, when I press it on the joystick. Anyone know the reason for this?

EDIT: Fire Button working now.

Last edited: