OHM ITS solar panels modules

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: mustard

This add-on included the solar modules ITS 3-4, ITS5, and ITS 6 from the space station ISS.

ITS3/4: also named P3P4 or S3S4 is a module with 4 solar panels, 1 radiator, and a SARJ for the general rotation.
ITS5: also named P5 or S5 is an intermediate module which allow the assembly of 2 solar modules.
ITS6: also named P6 or S6 is a solar module very similar to ITS3/4 but without SARJ​

Functions:
Auto Sun Tracking
Power output management (You must activate the module ITSArrayMFD in the Orbiter launchpad)
The assembly of this modules is not standard, so it's indispensable to read the manual included.​

17th Feb: Version 1.1:
-Reentry effect during launch fixed
-Rescaling of ITS3 and ITS6, closed to the real dimensions
-Trunnion pins of ITS4-5-6 for shuttle bay enlarged
-ITS5 lightly stretch to avoid a collision with BGA
-Textures of ITS3 improved
-Hat's textures of BGA is now good
22th Feb: Version 1.2: bug fixed
-Position of the parent Attach point of ITS6 to add a intermediate module

16th Feb: Version 1.3: bug fixed
- problem with the attachment point on P6 array fixed

DOWNLOAD

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This add-on is essential in my book for anyone wanting to build their own space station.

I do have a question....how do I go about expanding a side to include three banks of solar panels? I have read the manual, and I am led to believe it is more than possible to do this, in fact it is designed to be flexible in this regard, but I could never get it to work myself, both in trying to attach them via the MFD or by just inserting the attachment lines into the scenario.

There are two projects I am working on where having three+ banks of solar panels would be quite useful.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Version 1.2 claims to have fixed the parent attachment point for adding another ITS-5 module, but I do not think this is the case.

Here is me putting the 5 segment into position to attach to the 6 segment.

After attaching using the MFD this is where it goes

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Version 1.2 claims to have fixed the parent attachment point for adding another ITS-5 module, but I do not think this is the case.
Hi,
could you post the scenario you are using (preferably just after your second screenshot - with the module attached but in the wrong orientation) and I'll try and take a look.
Cheers,
Brian

edit--------------

don't worry, see below....

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's OK, I can see what's up. The attached .zip should fix it. Unzip into your Orbiter folder as usual and overwrite the two files. (I notice the add-on on OH could do with re-packaging. I'll try and contact Mustard and see if he can update it) Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Cheers,
Brian

Attachments

• mbr_its_patch_140202.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 12

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks BrianJ! I was just logging in to post the scenario when I saw your reply. I will test this out right now and let you know how it goes.

:cheers:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just attached a '5' segment to the end of a '6' segment and it worked perfectly. Thanks again BrianJ for the fix.

PenguinMan94

Reaction score
I like this I use it for most of my orbiting space stations and its so easy to use 5 stars :thumbup: