Flight Question ISS v3.2 Soyuz Controls

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
I am starting to get used to using the new Soyuz on ISS v3.2, but I don't know how to separate the modules. If anyone could real fast tell me the main controls. I know how to change RCS pulses, views, and open and close the main engine cover, but that's about it. Controls that would be nice to have are solar panel operation, docking probe operation, capsule separation, and parachute activation. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Also the controls to start an abort sequence with the Soyuz Series would be nice. I have the Soyuz CVEl for that one. I would prefer that I could get the ISS v3.2 soyuz on the Soyuz Series rocket, but I don't know how.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Pages nine and ten of the "Soyuz TMA Manual.pdf" included with ISS 3.2 has all the keys used with the Soyuz TMA, including the ones you asked for.

Also, the Soyuz Series addon isn't able to do aborts, so there is no key for it. The Soyuz Series manual does have a section taking you through the process of adding your own payload, starting on page seven. If your computer can handle Thorton's Soyuz-FG addon(mine doesn't), I'd recommend using that instead of Soyuz Series with his Soyuz TMA addon, as the two were built to fit together anyway.

Another also, I don't quite remember if Soyuz CVEL works in Orbiter 2010. If it does, no worries, but if it doesn't Dave413's ISS Fleet comes with it's own Soyuz TMA and Progress, not as complex as Thorton's but easier on the framerate, and the Soyuz can carry UMMU. It's over on Simviation though, not Orbiter Hangar.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
Thank you very much. Now that I have found it, I know why I can't get into the atmosphere: the BO wasn't depressurized. Thanks a lot!

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
So, I have another question about the entire Soyuz deal. I can conduct a ballistic re-entry, but I can't seem to activate the controlled 4 G re-entry. I can't find the key in the manual to start it. Do I have to do something specific with the orbit first?

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
The last two pages of the manual are all about reentry, and browsing through it does say you should aim perigee of 60 km from a presumably circular orbit ~360 km high. Higher or lower orbits would require slightly different perigee(I think), which might be part of the problems your having.

Hopefully someone else can give a bit more advice.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
Yeah, thanks. I was also trying to land at the Soyuz Landing Site, but I am not sure exactly what the manual means by changing certain parameters, and when I should do the burn to make the perigee 60 km if I want to land there. I did realize I was doing it the wrong direction, and that re-entry is heads up, not down (like Orion MPCV), but I still got 10 Gs any way (when I was heads down, I got up to 14!).