Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It looks quite nice:thumbup:
@Felipi: You can use the last state that RickD posted for the mission tonight. Good luck:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

That control module you posted looks pretty nice as part of the station:thumbup:
picture.php

I think this will do quite nicely--though I haven't tried flying it yet:shifty:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We're leaving the crater! It's so EPIC!
The modules that I deployed some months ago remained in the surface, as the giant spacecraft is going to the space again!

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

We're ready fot the Trans-Earth ejection.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It looks quite nice:thumbup:
@Felipi: You can use the last state that RickD posted for the mission tonight. Good luck:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

That control module you posted looks pretty nice as part of the station:thumbup:
picture.php

I think this will do quite nicely--though I haven't tried flying it yet:shifty:

I think that will work quite nicely. I have midterms Monday & Tuesday this week, so Im going to restrain myself from getting started on the module code, but I promise the work will start soon.

The more I look at it, it almost looks like a household object of some kind, but I cant seem to put my finger on it :hmm:.

Before you do the TEI, dont forget to take a quick look back ;)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I think it looks more like a mobile spacecraft than a station. Anyway, now I'm having trouble accessing it. I can build it without a problem, but I get a CTD when I try to pull up the saved scenario:(

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay--well done guys:thumbup:
Be sure to post a recording and a state, Felipi:)

:facepalm: I forgot about the recording! I'm sorry! I sent the spacecraft to Earth at 3:00 AM in the local time, so I completely forgot about this detail...
At least, everything is perfect! Now, just some corrections and we will get back safely!

But if you want it, I can record another trip! I saved several times during the ascent (to avoid problems with my computer), and I can use the saved informations to record the flight again! What do you think?

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project - The Return has started.scn
    20.3 KB · Views: 6

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mid-Course correction is COMPLETE! We will pass 1.000km above the Earth's surface (obviously, I'll reduce this altitude before the EOI). For me, this is very good! Now, we just need to wait some time, and we will return to the small blue dot!

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project - Going Home!.scn
    20.8 KB · Views: 5

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Well done:thumbup:
But I need to know something. What MFDs did you use for the launch? I need to know this because I need to add some cargos for the next flight, and if I don't have the same MFDs you do, I might lose your course program!

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the ejection burn, I used IMFD. For the launch, I used Orbit MFD...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just wondering about Cheyenne station: does anyone want to name the modules individually? If you let me know now, I can include them in the project from the start.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Right now, they're just Control, Habitat, and Science. I'm not very imaginative:p
But since the name Cheyenne suggests an Old West theme, I guess we could go with Boone, Crockett, and Clark:)

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Announcements:
:tiphat:I have added the cargos for the November and December missions. I did NOT update the clock, as that's Felipi's jop;) Felipi, please download the state in this post and proceed from there.

:tiphat:Sorindafabico, I borrowed your UMMU and taxied Chronus into the nearby hangar, and defuled her.

:tiphat:The cargos are in a small hangar at Wideawake, on the opposite side of the runway from the B-Crew building. When you walk in, on the right are the six new engines for Discovery; in the middle are the two new modules for Iron Hill; and on the left are the six boxes of consumables for the flight.

Bruce, I'll try to come up with a realistic mass estimate for the cable car system.

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    22 KB · Views: 7

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know it!
I tested the current trajectory with time acceleration some days ago and I proved that the fuel tank have enough fuel for the orbit insertion. I was worry about that!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Actually, I was too. We'll definitely make it, but it's going to be pretty close:shifty:
I just ran some numbers myself, and it looks like we'll cross Venus orbit on December 9, followed by EOI on March 7. So we will pass Discovery going the other way:) But we won't have a visual on her, because she'll be millions of kilometers away...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't post the current state before because of problems with my computer :(
Here's the current state of the spacecraft:

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: